Riding Motorcycles When You Have Young Kids At Home.... - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By MacGyverDXS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-30-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Riding Motorcycles When You Have Young Kids At Home....

Hi All-

My new video focuses on the controversial issue of riding motorcycles when you still have young kids at home. Some give up riding altogether. Some curtail it. And some keep on going.... How did you handle it?

-MKL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-31-2016, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Wtf..i kept riding there's kids at home

Oi oi oi
post #3 of 7 Old 10-31-2016, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMouthMoshw View Post
Hi All-

My new video focuses on the controversial issue of riding motorcycles when you still have young kids at home. Some give up riding altogether. Some curtail it. And some keep on going.... How did you handle it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnV5vW92RF8

-MKL
My man again... How is everything? I am a single parent, twin boys... I still ride everyday, weather permitting... After I drop them off to school, in a car of course, I then proceed directly home, and ride to my hearts content, then when it's time to pick them up from school, everything in reverse.... Wash, rinse, repeat... lol

There is no excuse, if they really wanted to they would make it work... of course I am not the typical person and nothing I live is a normal life, but I am doing it all, juggling the things we call life...

2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (RIP)
2016 Harley Davidson Street 750 (modded)

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (10 sec baby)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (High 12 tugboat)

post #4 of 7 Old 10-31-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Single parent of twins?! Man, you deserve a serious amount of respect and some kind of reward. That's a tremendous responsibility! Good on you!

-MKL
post #5 of 7 Old 10-31-2016, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMouthMoshw View Post
Single parent of twins?! Man, you deserve a serious amount of respect and some kind of reward. That's a tremendous responsibility! Good on you!

-MKL
That's all I know is controlled chaos lol Thank my Beloved Marine Corps for that... Nah man, I thank God every chance I get to spend with my kids being a single dad, I am trying to raise them how I was, 80s baby and 90s kid... Not like these millennials man... My reward is seeing them grow up to be fishers of men...

But yeah, that's all I know...

Thanks man, it is hectic, but that is normal for me... Not for everyone I can guarantee that...

2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (RIP)
2016 Harley Davidson Street 750 (modded)

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (10 sec baby)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (High 12 tugboat)
post #6 of 7 Old 11-01-2016, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Well I have a 13 year old son when I started riding last year not really a young child but had family and friends telling me it was a bad idea for
the past 15 years. My thoughts on it is if you enjoy or love riding as I do don't let others tell you what to do life is short enjoy what you can of it.
Anything can happen at anytime anywhere! Just gear up ride safe be alert and have fun. Cant hide in the house all the time well I guess you could but.

Ride Safe Be Safe!
post #7 of 7 Old 11-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I do not have kids, but the reality is that life itself is dangerous. Enjoy doing what you love to do, and do it as safely as you can. My dad didn't stop riding because he had me. When I got big enough he changed from riding street bikes to dirt bikes and bought me my first motorcycle at 8 years old. Before I got my first bike my dad would take me for rides on his (had my first helmet at 5).

Do people die riding motorcycles? Of course. People die, it's what happens if you live. Live your life to the fullest and let others do the same. As Kurgan said "I have something to say! It's better to burn out than to fade away"
BodybagJonny likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page