User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Under jeans protection?

Does anyone know of things like under armour that is kind of kevlar based or something that i could just wear under my normal jeans?

The padded jeans i've seen are just not my style unfortunately
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 09:31 AM

Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
There absolutely are. Check out Revzilla.com there are even video reviews on everything. I got the Klim K Fifty 1 jeans and they are perfect but they have sheet like this too Forcefield Sport Action Shorts - RevZilla

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
post #3 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 09:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeskyrme View Post
Does anyone know of things like under armour that is kind of kevlar based or something that i could just wear under my normal jeans?

The padded jeans i've seen are just not my style unfortunately
Also they sell knee protectors too!

post #4 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 09:46 AM

Garage
I would really suggest getting something at least abrasion resistant though. I got these http://youtu.be/EjlXZaBaMQg and you can not really tell they are riding jeans while you are wearing them. Cordura woven with 14oz denim and Kevlar patches in the slide zones with D3O armor in the hips and knees. They are the best fitting jeans I own. Just order 1 or 2 sizes down. I wear a size 32 but ordered a size 30 and they fit perfectly! Good luck!

post #5 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Take a look at Bohn Armor. You can wear it under regular or Kevlar jeans. I have trouble with sizes of the pants with armor pockets being either too tight or too loose and allowing the armor to shift. These fit tight and are comfortable. I can wear them easily under Levy 505's. I am looking for some Kevlar jeans and like the looks of the ones from Harley, think they are new this year.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 01:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocC3 View Post
Take a look at Bohn Armor. You can wear it under regular or Kevlar jeans. I have trouble with sizes of the pants with armor pockets being either too tight or too loose and allowing the armor to shift. These fit tight and are comfortable. I can wear them easily under Levy 505's. I am looking for some Kevlar jeans and like the looks of the ones from Harley, think they are new this year.
The "Harley" FXRG jeans are just DRAGGIN jeans but with lighter weight cotton, a HD logo and FOUR TIMES AS EXPENSIVE!!! The ones without the HD logo are thicker "jeans" with the same exact lining and Kevlar which is arguably better and a quarter the price.

post #7 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
shoot, as hot as it has been lately, think I'd rather risk road rash...lol

had it several times of the last 50 yrs of riding.
it hurts like **** too.

torn up more than one good pair of levis in the process.

what would be good is mesh riding pants with armor....uummm 2nd thought, ....not!
post #8 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
I once saw a guy selling armor that mounted on the inside of your jeans that had mounting tabs that poked though and you'd use clips to hold them in place. Someone else beat me to them and I've never been able to find them. I'd love to find them because those specialized jeans are junk. Look at real world crashes and they get chewed up just the same as nice quality, heavyweight jeans.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I know Harley is trying to sell their jeans (a knock off of the original ... Draggin Jeans, imop) for $600 up here and they're made in China.

I have a pair of Icon jeans with Kevlar and armor pockets and a pair of Draggins. Both do an excellent job but having said that, I haven't laid the bike over doing 100 to test their claims. I think I maybe paid $250 for the Draggins and under $200 for the ICON jeans.

Some days I like to go fast and other days I like to try stupid things on my bikes.

www.youtube.com/user/haulinonalo
post #10 of 11 Old 08-15-2015, 10:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
I once saw a guy selling armor that mounted on the inside of your jeans that had mounting tabs that poked though and you'd use clips to hold them in place. Someone else beat me to them and I've never been able to find them. I'd love to find them because those specialized jeans are junk. Look at real world crashes and they get chewed up just the same as nice quality, heavyweight jeans.
I searched all over but could not find a video review or even a written review of how they hold up after a crash. Where exactly can I find this? There was one review for the Klim jeans that said he crashed at 30mph and the material didn't even scuff through. But that was all I've seen so far.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page