Sidi Deep Rain Boots Multi-Season Review - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By 10-64
  • 1 Post By Gaijin
  • 1 Post By 10-64

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2016, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sidi Deep Rain Boots Multi-Season Review

Hello All-

This week's multi-season report focuses on Sidi's new Deep Rain boots, which attempt to bridge the divide between full featured ADV boots and a more affordable price point via extensive use of synthetic materials. How did they hold up? Tune in to find out!

-MKL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-21-2016, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry, but I still think these are "Spammy" posts.
LithiumZero likes this.

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black (Sold)
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
post #3 of 6 Old 11-21-2016, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
Sorry, but I still think these are "Spammy" posts.
Totally agree.

Posting a review in response to someone's question, is helpful. If someone said "What boots should I consider" and you said "hey, I did a review on those boots just last week", then that'd be fine.

But you're pretty much just pushing unasked-for content on us. That's spammy.
10-64 likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-21-2016, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No spam intended. This forum is rather unique (among the forums I frequent) in that there is really no dedicated space for product reviews. You might find that helpful - a section where members can post their real-world experiences with products they buy and try, to help other members make good buying choices. On some of my BMW forums, for example, they have these actually broken down to electronics, and then all separate pieces of gear (jackets, helmets, gloves, boots, etc.) and then another for accessories specific to a certain model (e.g., Street,) Makes it very helpful.

Again, I'm only trying to give back for some of the knowledge I'm picking up in here. If you all would rather I just lurk, that's fine for me too. It's not my intention to spam anyone, and again - I'm a motojournalist. I write these reviews for a living. I'm not selling anything, not making commission, etc. etc. It's just something I do for fun, because I log a pretty good amount of miles per year on and have a chance to test lots of gear as a result.

-MKL
post #5 of 6 Old 11-22-2016, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
I find it much more beneficial when riders share their "HD Street" knowledge, problems, issues or bikes with the other Members on here. That's why I'm on here. Not to get "spammy" posts about Non-HD Street stuff.

If I want that, I'll Google it

Not one of your posts is "HD Street" specific, sorry.
skeive likes this.

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black (Sold)
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
post #6 of 6 Old 11-22-2016, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That's correct. I don't have a Street. As I said before I'm here to learn about them before a potential purchase. So no, I'm not going to be able to impart Street-specific knowledge here. That said I have published over 100 published motorcycle articles in national magazines, so I was just sharing what I know (mostly gear tests which apply to any motorcycle rider - helmets, boots, jackets, pants, gloves, electronics, etc.) in exchange for what I'm learning here. If it upsets people for whatever reason, I'll just go back to lurking.

-MKL

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page