16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 05-29-2014, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ginza Boots

A bit of form with your function? Rev'Its new Ginza boots are looking like an interesting option... New bike, new boots its only fair

REV'IT! - Homepage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-29-2014, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
post #3 of 30 Old 05-29-2014, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Those are great looking riding boots. I like that they look pretty casual instead of really looking like they are to wear on your motorcycle. I wish that they made more motorcycle gear that was like that.

post #4 of 30 Old 05-29-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
There are a bunch of companies now getting into fashion conscious gear. REV'IT has an entire Urban collection, some of it is quite nice I will say.

Sherri those are not bad at all, although I am privy to brown myself Now you have me considering the Sierras

Sherri likes this.
post #5 of 30 Old 05-30-2014, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Glad to see this happening. There was definitely a market there and this company is just really smart in capitalizing on it.
post #6 of 30 Old 05-30-2014, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
those actually look great, glad to see they're starting to make them look good rather than looking like obvious motorcycle gear

post #7 of 30 Old 05-30-2014, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The only problem I find with fashion gear is that to a degree it has to sacrifice form in the name of function. Granted there are plenty of fashionable jackets that offer excellent protection, but its the pants that really suffer. Sure some of the jeans are good, but still nothing like a leather. Although some of the overpants/mesh pants give you an option to simply change/remove once you get where your going and still hold a degree of style.
post #8 of 30 Old 05-31-2014, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I do understand that some of this gear is less protective, but I also think that most of the time you don't crash and when you do its impossible to tell how bad it will be. All I'm saying is that there is always a risk so as long as you have some protection I think you should be good. You don't need to ride in a suit of armor all the time necessarily.
post #9 of 30 Old 05-31-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post
I do understand that some of this gear is less protective, but I also think that most of the time you don't crash and when you do its impossible to tell how bad it will be. All I'm saying is that there is always a risk so as long as you have some protection I think you should be good. You don't need to ride in a suit of armor all the time necessarily.
No, you don't need a suit of armor but I have kissed the pavement and I can tell you that I wear proper gear now. Ordinary clothing - didn't survive sliding along the asphalt. Tennis shoes - ripped clean off my feet. Thank goodness that I was wearing a helmet - saved my skull from being bashed in (although the helmet didn't survive very well). Darn near tore my nipple off my breast, ripped a muscle out of my arm, had various holes gouged in me by rocks, road rash everywhere, and the road ground the flesh off the palms of my hands clean down into the muscle tissue underneath. Somehow I managed not to break any bones but I've still got the scars.
post #10 of 30 Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
No, you don't need a suit of armor but I have kissed the pavement and I can tell you that I wear proper gear now. Ordinary clothing - didn't survive sliding along the asphalt. Tennis shoes - ripped clean off my feet. Thank goodness that I was wearing a helmet - saved my skull from being bashed in (although the helmet didn't survive very well). Darn near tore my nipple off my breast, ripped a muscle out of my arm, had various holes gouged in me by rocks, road rash everywhere, and the road ground the flesh off the palms of my hands clean down into the muscle tissue underneath. Somehow I managed not to break any bones but I've still got the scars.
Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soap box. Forgive me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page