Junk on forum screens. - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 10-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
I picked up something like this on a laptop from a hotel's wireless service. All of a sudden ads were popping up and what really got me was suddenly a voice would be talking. I run Webroot and it didn't even recognize it was on there.

It's been several years ago, I don't remember how I got rid of it but it was kind of a pain. That much I do remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 10-14-2014, 04:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3347 View Post
...I will NOT install Google anything on my computer. If Street 500 and 750 forums has a problem with my Internet Explorer 8 I will just have to forgo the forum.
I can understand Google must have pissed you off somehow but being a web developer myself, I highly recommend you to use Chrome as it is much more safer than IE. The reason you picked up that malware in the first place must be because of IE. Chrome also auto updates itself so you are never exposed to any known vulnerabilities.

If you don't use Google as your search engine, I highly recommend using any web shield plugin with your browser so that you know if a link is safe to visit, before you click it.

If you really want to keep away from Chrome, I recommend Safari over firefox as firefox is yet to implement process isolation(last time I checked). Process isolation is the technology where each tab is allocated a new process at the OS level preventing one tab from accessing the memory of another tab, making it more secure, and at the same time preventing one tab from crashing the entire browser.

Using an outdated browser is like leaving your bike with a mechanic who is not trustworthy!
post #13 of 13 Old 10-14-2014, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Is there a mod who can bury this pointless thread?

www.youtube.com/howlonwheels
Motorcycle Film Festival
1973 CB500 Four
2015 HD Street 750
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page