LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 02-09-2016, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Biltwell Risers

I am trying to install some Biltwell trio risers and their ZED bars. Any one have experience with installing these risers or any Biltwell risers? I am noticing the riser will not install flush to the triple tree as there is a sort of "riser nub" there. The nub is not the same width as the base of the risers. May just grind it down. possibly fashion some kind of collar. Any problems with that idea? I'm leaning towards grinding it down at the moment.

Also the risers are 1" and the bars 7/8" so I to order the spacer from Low Brow Customs.

I am getting a speedo relocation and ignition relocation from Webike.

Fingers crossed that the cable will be long enough! still waiting on some of the parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 02-13-2016, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
How did this project turn out? What size is the triple tree that the riser is going into? I understand that the spacer allows the 7/8 bar to be used with the TOP of the 1" riser clamp, but does the riser fir into the trees for the Street ok?

I am in a similar situation and looking at getting some 1" risers plus the spacer for use with a 7/8 bar, but my concern is the fitting of the riser itself into the triple tree on the Street 750.

Let me know what you found and how you are making out. Pictures would also be a great help.

Thanks.

Best,

USVet

Veteran - Air Force Special Operations (AFSOC)

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750
post #3 of 30 Old 02-15-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Right now I am waiting on the parts to relocate the ignition and speedo. Fingers crossed they come in some-time this week. I ordered them from Webike so waiting to get the package from Japan to Cali. I haven't pulled off the risers yet to see what I got myself into but as I mentioned before the base of the riser is a completely different size than the small rise on the triple forks. Something else I am interested in finding out is if the bolt to hold the risers in place are going to fit into the new risers. This is my first time using parts not specifically intended for my application so it will be a learning experience.

I will be posting pictures of what I am doing to get this done as I go.

What risers are you looking into @usvet96?

https://www.biltwellinc.com/p205/buy...o-riser-black/
My intention has been to use these for their clean looks and added stiffness... But as I said we will see how it goes.

It is just unfortunate that the stock risers are so ugly with the part that wraps around the gauge! But then again then I wouldn't have a project to work on!

Last edited by Sean Smith; 02-15-2016 at 04:27 PM.

post #4 of 30 Old 02-15-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
@usvet96.

Bad news buddy. I just went out to the garage to see if the bolt would fit into the new risers... well it doesn't. It seems that I may not be able to fit a larger bolt through without drilling out a new, larger hole, in the triple tree.

I have some friends that sometimes have good ideas for situations like these, I'll have them take a look at it and see what we can come up with. I may wind up with a different set of risers (7/8") if I can find ones that have the look I'm going for.
post #5 of 30 Old 02-15-2016, 07:57 PM

Garage
Yikes. That's terrible news. This seems like it's gonna be a **** nightmare lol; changing the stock bars.

I like the risers you picked out. They wouldn't work for what I want to do but I do like them. I want to do something like this on the Street with a new bar:

Street Slammer Bar-55985-10 | Handlebars | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Sadly though that ONLY works with a 1" bar and NOT a 7/8" bar like on the Street.

So...... I either install a big riser THEN add a drag bar with extended reach for the same look, or find that bar in a 7/8" fit (which to this point I have not been able to find; have found similar looks but not close enough and all "close matches" to me look terrible).

For risers, I have found this from drag that I like for the purpose and the rise:

HANDLEBAR RISER/TOP CLAMP KITS | Products | Drag Specialties® (using that 7/8" to 1" converter you identified)

Or this:

RISER 5 ROX PIVOT ELITE B | Products | Parts Unlimited®

This is 7/8" and would work with the drag bar made for the Street. So I may go this route.

I basically like the height of the bar ends now, maybe a little higher as that would bring your hands Uganda straighten your back for a better posture and a more relaxed feel, but with a straight across look without the "middle dropping down."

There is also a company from India that supposedly makes a 7/8" TBar as well that I am looking into; who knows lol.

That is where I'm at with his so I am really interested in following along with your mod as well. The only other option is to have a MC customization shop just make me a "custom made" TBar like I want but that would be a last resort.

At any rate thanks for the feedback and let's work together to get this sorted. By the way, there may also be an option on Webike from Japan for 7/8" bars made for European bikes.

Talk soon.

Best,

USVet

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750
post #6 of 30 Old 02-16-2016, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I know that you have been on the Webike site but... Have you seen these from Easyriders?

EASYRIDERS : Rising Bar [0819]

Similar to the Street Slammer Bars (Which are EPIC BTW!) but looks like they my be a little straighter and taller than what you are looking for.

Just wanted to mention them incase you had missed them.

They are looking like a solid option for us.

Still waiting on some parts from Webike to relocate everything on the tree when they come in I will sit down in the garage and tear everything off and have a better understanding of where we stand.

I went to the dealer not to long ago asking about T-Bars for the Street and they said there were no options available. The part guy and the counter has a grand daughter with a Street and went through some things he had done to her bike. He fashioned a way to make it into a bagger which is pretty sweet, but said the front end of this bike was a nightmare, as we are running into, and he said just swap the whole thing for a Sporty front end haha. Guess I'm seeing why now.

Last edited by Sean Smith; 02-16-2016 at 08:41 AM.
post #7 of 30 Old 02-16-2016, 09:19 AM

Garage
I was on the site and looking yeah, so confusing though because there is so MANY different things on the site to go through lol.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna keep looking and keep emailing and keep calling places though because I really want to make this mod work for me on that bike lol.

Have you checked out Free Spirit for a different triple tree option:

Triple Trees : Harley Davidson Street triple trees kit

Look really nice with the new fork upgrade added.

What did you think of my riser options listed above?

Best,

USVet

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750
post #8 of 30 Old 02-16-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I have seen those options and that you listed above and they get the job done but don't have the look I'm going for. I'm trying to remove some clutter and I fell like that option of riser would just add to it. I have seen a picture somewhere where someone has put those type of risers of the street...

Found it. It was on the forum actually.
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/107705-post10.html

The triple tree has a particular sized bolt that it will fit... I need to do more research into what bolt will fit through the existing triple tree and go from there.
post #9 of 30 Old 02-16-2016, 12:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Smith View Post
I have seen those options and that you listed above and they get the job done but don't have the look I'm going for. I'm trying to remove some clutter and I fell like that option of riser would just add to it. I have seen a picture somewhere where someone has put those type of risers of the street...

Found it. It was on the forum actually.
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/107705-post10.html

The triple tree has a particular sized bolt that it will fit... I need to do more research into what bolt will fit through the existing triple tree and go from there.
Hey thanks for the photo.

Tell me EXACTLY what bolt size or thread or placement size you need and I will ask my dealership guy. I'll be there in a day or two. He can pull it up on the computer and we can look at the 3-D "explosion view" to get ALL the parts, pieces, and sizes for ANY part required.

Let me know and I will see what I can find for you.

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750
post #10 of 30 Old 02-16-2016, 12:49 PM

Garage
Oh, and funny thing is, THAT is the photo where I saw it used too. The guy that did that mod is the sister store in Miami where I bought my bike lol.

I am working with them, and my store, for some of the pieces they used in their mod that I like (front/rear lights, license plate relocation, etc.). But I just realized this morning that the saddle bags I want to use for the bike will not work with the license plate and rear light relocation so have to go another route.

The mod moves on lol.

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page