Chappell customs fender eliminator - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jmiske1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-07-2016, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Chappell customs fender eliminator

Finally had some time today to finish up my current list of projects on the street which was the Chappell customs fender eliminator. Here are the results!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1470593187413.jpg (96.4 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg image_1470593210684.jpg (101.9 KB, 165 views)
Solo750owner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-09-2016, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
What upgrades have been done to your street? Specifically the handlebars, seat, and pipes? I'm diggin' the style/look of that.
If possible can you give me names of them? Thanks man.

'
'
post #3 of 9 Old 08-09-2016, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
What upgrades have been done to your street? Specifically the handlebars, seat, and pipes? I'm diggin' the style/look of that.
If possible can you give me names of them? Thanks man.
Thank you! Yeah no problem, I swapped out the original bars for some drag bars

7/8 drag bar 28" wide with a 2" pull back
Biltwell thruster 7/8 grips
Motion pro throttle tube (stock throttle tube fits a 1" grip)
Bike master old school tube mirrors
Tuffside DIY XG seat cover
Chappell customs fender eliminator kit with a custom dynamics LED light
Chappell customs slip on exhaust (regular version not the shorty)
Black exhaust wrap

I think I might change out the mirrors though to some bar end mirrors. Just to give it that even lower sleek look. Once my warranty is expired I want to chop the rear frame and add on a cafe seat and some rear set foot controls. Along with an upgraded suspension. It's a slow process but nice to see the progress and the bike shaping up to be how I want it!

post #4 of 9 Old 08-10-2016, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Did you have to modify the throttle tube? I ordered one however have not yet installed, it looks like it might be too long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 9 Old 08-10-2016, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcq View Post
Did you have to modify the throttle tube? I ordered one however have not yet installed, it looks like it might be too long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I ordered my throttle tube from dime city cycles, the same place I ordered my grips from. Mine came very long too. I installed it long and then took a very small hack saw and cut off the remaining end and then sanded it down to be smooth to the touch at the end. I feel like my throttle response became smoother and less jerky once I installed the aftermarket tube as well. Biggest struggle I had was figuring out adjusting the throttle cables to remove the stock tube and then getting it back exactly how I wanted it
post #6 of 9 Old 08-10-2016, 11:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiske1 View Post
Finally had some time today to finish up my current list of projects on the street which was the Chappell customs fender eliminator. Here are the results!
Looks great! glad it worked out for you.
Thanks!

ChappellCustoms and TUFFSIDE®
tuffside.com
street750.com
chappellcustoms.com
post #7 of 9 Old 08-11-2016, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappell Customs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiske1 View Post
Looks great! glad it worked out for you.
Thanks!
Hey Chris, I need to thank you! Between my tuffside seat cover, fender eliminator, and slip on exhaust, my XG is turning into something really cool! Now when I swing by the local Harley dealer it has gone from "Oh... you ride a street 750?" In a very not impressed tone to "Hey, is that your 750 out there? That thing sounds awesome!" I got to talking to a service guy about everything I've done to it so far, and he even ended up calling me a couple days later because he had some folks looking at a street and remembered how great mine sounded and wanted to know who made it again so he could send them your way. So thanks again for seeing the potential of these bikes and turning out some great products for us!
post #8 of 9 Old 09-25-2016, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How legal is the fender eliminator/LED strip? I'm in process of installing mine but I hadn't though about the legality.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-25-2016, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungletronics View Post
How legal is the fender eliminator/LED strip? I'm in process of installing mine but I hadn't though about the legality.
The only thing about it that I could see being "not legal" would be the fact that there is no longer a light that shines on the license plate. As far as I know everything else about it is legal. They do make bolts to hold the license plate on with LED lights in them which would fix this problem. I just haven't gotten around to purchasing any yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page