LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-07-2016, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Two Different Same Bikes

If we are crazy to buy the XG750/500 , then I will nominate myself for the craziest of us all , as I have recently purchased a second one.
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=20153&thumb=1
Lots of pictures in my garage of both bikes and lots of the changes.
My original bike, (Aumora) now 2 years old with 12000 miles on it has become what I call a mini-bagger with Memphis Shades batwing fairing, forward controls, gun fighter and lady seat with cone air filter and Firebrand exhaust.
The second bike was from a Motor Vehicle Pawn Shop here in Denver and is a gloss black 2015 XG750, originally purchased in Waco TX in March 2016. It had a Bassani exhaust (which I removed, as it was truly too loud), reduced reach bars, Screamin' Eagle air cleaner, and a total of 300 miles on it. Had apparently not been tuned for the upgrades as it decel popped quite a lot.
I got it for $5000 and so figured I could use a lot of the money I saved to make some changes.
My second bike, the Beast, or Black Beast, is moving toward a Dual Sport look and function. Some changes are the same on both bike, Vance and Hines Fuelpak 3 and phone cradle and reduced reach bars. Both bikes have Kuryakin Iso grips. Oh, and of course, Extended Mirrors!!!
The seat height of the Beast is 28 inches and Aumora the seat height is 24 inches. Ground clearance of Aumora is 6.5 inches and on the Beast the ground clearance is 8.5 inches.
The tires on the Beast are Pirelli MT66 Route on stock rims -- 120/90 X 17 on the front and 150/90 X 15 on the rear.
I took the radiator shroud off and got the Chappell Customs grill cover. I used a Sportster Chin Bra, with some slight modifications to cover the voltage regulator.
Pegs were replaced with Joker Adjustable Heel Foot Pegs, (really like those). Although it was a challenge to get the right one on the bike. Check where the snap ring is for the clevis pin for the peg---ugh.
I replaced the stock coil with a higher output coil--Accell and Screamin' Eagle Phat plug wires.
Seat is a Tallboy Seat with the Chappell Customs Tuffside replacement cover.
Shocks are Progressive 412 Heavy Duty Shocks-- 13.5 inch instead of 13 inch and Black instead of Chrome.
I got a R and G tail tidy with mini turn signals to show off that big back tire.
The last change was a sweet looking Rocky Mountain National Park special group License Plate. Its one of my favorite places to ride. Up above the treeline on the highest continuous paved road in the US.
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=20161&thumb=1
A couple other changes will be coming cause I just can't stop tinkering it seems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161107_122710.jpg (192.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161107_071436966.jpg (378.0 KB, 39 views)

Not all those who wander are lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-07-2016, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Wander, please tell me about your batwing fairing from MS. How does it compare to the windshield? At what speed do you start to get buffeting or lose stability? I currently have the HD windshield on my 750. It works but could be better. Critter
post #3 of 4 Old 11-08-2016, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Wander, please tell me about your batwing fairing from MS. How does it compare to the windshield? At what speed do you start to get buffeting or lose stability? I currently have the HD windshield on my 750. It works but could be better. Critter
The MS batwing is more effective than the HD windshield. My head sticks above both the MS batwing and the HD windshield so I still experience some buffeting on my head with both of them. Just less with the batwing. I view them both as keeping my chest protected and the batwing certainly does more of that. I end up with my hands about half of my hands at the top edge of the batwing fairing so they only get a little protection. When I lowered them down to get them more protection from batwing, I lost too much visibility in my mirrors. (always with the mirrors, it seems.)
I don't know that either makes me lose stability and that's with riding them both at 75-80 mph in Wyoming winds. I won't be able to make any future comparisons since the seat heights are pretty drastically different. If you're less than 6 foot, I think you'd find a lot of benefit from the MS batwing fairing.

Not all those who wander are lost.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-08-2016, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Wander, Thx! Really helps. Do you happen to have a front-on photo of your bike with the batwing? Critter

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page