LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-03-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
rear brake foot control

so.. the ergonomics leave quite a bit to be desired in the rear brake pedal on the streets...

has anyone done any cutting/welding to get the toe into a better position?

I have a local chopper shop that has agreed to take a look and work something up but I'd love to toss them some pics of what others have done. I'm thinking of having them add 2-2.5 inches of rise in front of the peg so that when the lever is depressed it ends at level it doesn't start at level and drop down.

A well armed hippie with a poor attitude about how the left has redefined 'Liberal'.

Last edited by Ceddie; 01-03-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-04-2017, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
What year is your Street? What's wrong with the ergos? is it that you are having to bend your ankle too much to get it to engage? If yours is a '15, make sure your rear brake master cyl. isn't going bad.
That is what was causing the condition on mine that was making my foot have to bend way down to get any "action". Finally there was no action at all. Bad MC, a couple weeks after my warranty was up.
Anyway, my solution was to upgrade the whole rear system to 2016 spec, now the ergo at the lever is decent for a standard street bike. Now if you want to be in a rocked back cruiser position, sure you may need to re-shape it.

I bought alllllllll this stuff to use to re-shape it - a junk pedal, left threaded rod and screws and stuff to make the pedal action more responsive, blah blah blah, and voila, for me, a street position "standard" position rider, now, with a healthy master cylinder and the 2016 spec pedal (which may be somewhat diff from the 2015) I'm in like Flynn! It feels like a good healthy back brake. Nice pressure, so there's no longer a need to push way down to, like, a 4 o'clock position to get some action. The action is right there, like on a normal bike.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve, just saying, if yours is a 2015 and you're having to move our foot/ankle in too wide a range, have the master cyl checked.

good luck
post #3 of 5 Old 01-04-2017, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Mine went to the floor after I replaced the pads. Went to Bleed them. Then I found out I was low on fluid. Flushed mine with Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4. Checked the Front Master Cylinder. Saw something white floating in it. Flushed that as well.

2019 Hyundai Kona SE Surf Blue

2018 Custom 1200 Black Tempest

post #4 of 5 Old 01-04-2017, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
it is a 2015

there is a lot of movement in the pedal and that is one thing that she wants different. but also she wants it to mimic the placement of the pedal on our shadow (above he peg not in line with the peg)

I think I'll check the fluid and master cylinder first, that is a safety thing not a comfort thing.
Aunty Em likes this.

A well armed hippie with a poor attitude about how the left has redefined 'Liberal'.

Last edited by Ceddie; 01-04-2017 at 12:37 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2017, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
yeah there was someone on here couple months ago talkin about cuttin like a pie shape as a welder would call it into the pedal and weldin a piece back in it to bring it up higher kinda reducing the radius around the footpeg i thought about it but i aint gonna mess with it till the warranty is up i aint had too much trouble with mine it seemed low at first probably cause im used to a dresser with the pedal almost straight up but i havent had to push down too far its low alright but it aint been ridiculous for me any way i locked it up once just a little for a test and that was stretchin the ankle other than that it aint been too bad its a 2015 500 581miles

madmike norfolk va 2015 street 500, 2009 yamaha vino

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page