Handle bars/ rear brake and shifter - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-07-2017, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Handle bars/ rear brake and shifter

Hi guys,

Recently got my 2017 HD street 500 and had a few questions.

I have read the forums about tall riders, (I am 6,1) and I realised very quickly that the bike was not fashioned for long legged blocks or with big feet. I have already bought a tallboy seat which the dealer told me would alleviate some of the issue, however I want to do more.

The issue I have is I want to adjust the handlebars and rear brake and shifter position to be further out as I feel really cramped, but I was told I would need to buy other parts to change it. But I have seen people talking about adjusting the handle bars themselves and shifter/rear. Only problem is I have a huge toolkit and can only use about 3 things in there, but I would like to try.

How exactly does one adjust the handle bars easily ?

Is it possible to bring the shifter/rear brake further out?

I will probably need to buy new handle bars, and I was told drag bars could be good. But then I think I will be leaning forward like a sport bike and I don't want that.

Any suggestions/advice?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page