Changing to Screaming Eagle Spark Plugs - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gage

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2017, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Changing to Screaming Eagle Spark Plugs

I've been riding and working on various motorcycles since I was 17 and I feel pretty stupid when I ask this but how in the heck do you change plugs on the XG 750? The rear plug can be removed with no problem but I can't get the front one removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-17-2017, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTDC View Post
I've been riding and working on various motorcycles since I was 17 and I feel pretty stupid when I ask this but how in the heck do you change plugs on the XG 750? The rear plug can be removed with no problem but I can't get the front one removed.

The front plug can be removed by lifting the gas tank. You don't have to take it completely off though, so it makes this job easy.

Step 1: Remove the 1 bolt holding the seat on located near the back of the seat where the fender and seat meet, then pop off the seat.
Step 2: Remove the larger bolt that is keeping the tank on. It is located at the bottom of the gas tank.
Step 3: Just to the right of the front spark plug you will see a black fuel line that can be taken apart like an air hose fitting, it is the same thing as an air hose fitting. Pop the fuel line out of place so you can lift the tank up and to the right to give you enough clearance to fit a socket in your spark plug hole.

Then, well, you know the rest. Change the plug, put the tank back into place, snap the fuel line back on. Put all the bolts back where they should be and you are good to go.
SgtTDC likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Gage,I felt pretty stupid asking this question I'm glad to know the correct way to change them now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page