How have you beautified the side of the bike? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-20-2017, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How have you beautified the side of the bike?

I love the look of the bike from the front and the back, it looks aggressive. Then when I look at it from the side, it just doesn't seem to me like it matches the beauty of the front or back. Granted, I have installed rear fender and front turn signal eliminators, but I just don't know how to spruce the sides up other than a nice air filter cover. Thoughts? Experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have added a new slip on muffler and exhaust wrap to mine. I also reupholstered the seat, added lower bars, new grips and new mirrors to help compliment the bike
post #3 of 3 Old 08-21-2017, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
The Mustang Touring Seat really changes the look of the bike, makes it look more like a traditional Harley.

The Swing Arm Bag does wonders for the looks of the left side, if you want leather.

On the right side, the ugliest thing IMO is that air cleaner box, it's a gigantic tumor growing out of the side of the engine. I replaced it with the V&H VO2 Naked intake (which is even uglier, but much smaller) and then covered it with a Harley Dark Custom air cleaner cover; to me it's the single best cosmetic upgrade you can do, and the performance boost from the VO2 is a nice bonus.

This forum member used some orange paint to accent some of the details, which makes for an interesting look if you like the Harley orange...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page