Windshields Seat and crash bars. - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-21-2018, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Windshields Seat and crash bars.

I just ordered the National Cycle N25001 windshield for my bike. I tried a few other smaller bar mount only and I hated how they weren't solid enough and from prior experience know at 60 mph they bounce around a lot. So talking with a guy from NC I struck up a deal on the big windscreen. 17" tall from the headlight cutout. But it mounts to the bars and the forks for a more solid fit. Gotta ditch the cafe fairing sadly but for my commute I'd rather have the protection. Since it leaves the bottom mount from the fairing exposed the guy even suggested a for bag so I snagged one at a swap meet that I'll bolt up to hide the lower bracket and it fits my gloves, and my turtle fur or my bandanna. I'll update as I install it.

Also went with the tallboy seat but now think I'll need the reach bars as well as that seat really moves you up and back at ton. Only issue now is once again the mirrors with the extensions are off again.

Picked up as set of Cheap throw over saddle bags now that I have a Cycle Gear locally just need to buy or build a set of panniers.

And lastly I want to get the set of crash bars. And was told even the Harley ones are Chinese Made so buy the ones off Fleabay or Amazon. I have dealt with Chinese Shippers before with surprising luck but never a large item. I have read on here and other forums where they need some tweaking and persuasion to get them to fit right. So my question is is it worth the hassle for them. I had plans of putting a set of pegs in them but now with the tallboy seat I don't think I could reach them without them ugly offsets.

Just hope my nightmare with the bike is over so I can start enjoying it. But after reading thru others with ongoing issues I'm almost thinking I made a huge mistake buying it and for what they offered me in trade in made my heart sink. It's obvious they don't want it as noticed not a single 18 is on the floor and they still have the 17 Rod on the floor from early last year.

Link to the windshield

http://www.nationalcycle.com/n25011.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page