LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-02-2018, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
CRG Bar End Adapters

So I am trying to install CRG 7/8in bar end adaptors on my Street. having the worst time of it. The metal sleeves that are supposed to slide inside the bar are just ever so slightly to big. Has anyone used these before and if so how did you get it to work?

-Clyde

2017 Street 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-03-2018, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I thought the basic mount which clamps to the outside of bars was recommended for 7/8 bars?
post #3 of 4 Old 08-06-2018, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I just put on bar end mirrors on mine over the weekend. I have ISO grips that had the removable end caps, thought it would be a piece of cake. But like you, the adapter would just not quite fit...The issue wasn't the size of the hole in general, just the "lip" of the grip. So I took a dremel and opened up the end hole just a bit and the adapter goes in every easy after that, took about 5 minutes of grinding the hole (not a euphemism). I love being able to see now. With the drag bars I could not find a mirror combo I liked at all...This works great. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barends.jpg (371.5 KB, 21 views)

post #4 of 4 Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Those are much like the mirrors I had in the past. If they have that rubber expander on them, be warned, they fell apart fairly quickly as well as caused problems. I searched out some metal expanders for the left-hand side. As for the right, I got a metal spacer and had it welded in place with a nut on one side also welded, that way I could tighten it down and not have the throttle interfere with the mirror, or even worse, the throttle get stuck when tightened.

Just my 0.02 for anyone who does something similar.

Tony, like the rim design! Also, hows your experience with that intake? I'm trying to decide what to swap to as the stock sits a little far out and after putting forward controls on I had to put extensions on to better utilize them.

"St Barbara of the Artillery Corp - Be at the bursting of the doors of doom, And in the dark deliver us"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page