post #1 of 8 Old 11-08-2018, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Tank Cover

Guys,

Has anyone come across a supplier of a cover for the tank either leather or faux leather in the UK? Looking to protect my tank.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Botty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-08-2018, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Botty... just curious you need these tank cover during self service repair or mainly to protect when park. I used a bike cover after polish/clean and so far it’s good as it covers all even if left under the rain.
Botty likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-09-2018, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi mate,

No, when servicing the bike - which I will do from now on, if you read my thread 'A Lesson Learned' you will see why, I will cover everything with a sheet so that ain't a problem. I was thinking more for stopping debris / dirt etc. scuffing the tank during riding.

When I store my bike I have made a 'frame' on wheels that I simply wheel over my bike - works a treat - see attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 43729487_10214860074070136_6909135373054509056_n.jpg (97.7 KB, 14 views)

Botty

post #4 of 8 Old 11-09-2018, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
If you want to hang slack for a week or so, you can have my Street Rod's cover;

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...464508--1#tabs

The Street Rod and me are parting company and a new Heritage softail is due in from the US imminently.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-09-2018, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thank you

Botty
post #6 of 8 Old 11-11-2018, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil13 View Post
The Street Rod and me are parting company and a new Heritage softail is due in from the US imminently.
I think you're going to love it. I rarely hear anything negative at all about the Heritage on the HDFORUMS.COM forum. I went with the Fat Bob, but the whole new Softail lineup is handily the best line of bikes Harley has ever built.

Just get ready to unleash your wallet; mods were fairly few and far between for the Street but the M8 has a ton of things that can be done to it, and an HD is called High Dollar for a reason...
post #7 of 8 Old 11-11-2018, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I think you're going to love it. I rarely hear anything negative at all about the Heritage on the HDFORUMS.COM forum. I went with the Fat Bob, but the whole new Softail lineup is handily the best line of bikes Harley has ever built.
I hoped you were going to chime in Gaijin, as I blame you 100% for the hole in my wallet!

When you said the Softail had changed completely, it must have planted a seed in my bonce, which worked it's way out ending up with me test riding a Heritage while the Street Rod was being serviced. Where there used to be a soggy wet ride and a gear change like stabbing a knife through a sack of ball bearings, I found myself being whisked about on a tight light ride, with a slick box. I considered the Fatbob, but old age and general wear and tear mean't either the Heritage, Deluxe or Slim only, were in the frame, depending on .

I had a figure in mind I wouldn't go below for the Street Rod and the 48 to trade in , but the dealer, bless his cotton socks exceeded that by 2 1/2 k, and after a brief haggle over the extra cost of the two tone paint, billiard blue and white 107" Heritage it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Just get ready to unleash your wallet; mods were fairly few and far between for the Street but the M8 has a ton of things that can be done to it, and an HD is called High Dollar for a reason...
Groan, I know, I know. The Heritage was mean't to ship from the US on the 9 Sept, but was delayed until 1 Oct, so guess who's been sitting there, passing the time online buying V&H 3" slip ons, engine guard, air filter etc etc. while waiting for the dealer to tell him it's arrived?
post #8 of 8 Old 11-12-2018, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Well, I guess I have to take the credit or the blame, depending on how happy you end up with it! The Fat Bob is a nearly perfect motorcycle, for what it is; people seem to think of the Heritage is Harley's sport-tourer. For me it came down to the Heritage or the Fat Bob, and if the Fat Bob hadn't been so undeniably awesome the Heritage would be sitting in my garage now. Hope it serves you well!
Phil13 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page