Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

XG750 Customisation

8K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Mountaincat1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

I’m based in the UK, and I’m due to collect my street 750 in 2 days time. I already have big plans for tweaking her looks and setup to make her more “mine”, and thought I would share my progress with you all here.

She’s a 2015 model with 8k miles on the clock, and comes with a Vance and Hines muffler and removable sissy bar and HD tailbag.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Items already ordered include:
- Custom Alcantara seat in black with orange stitching
- Skull air filter cover
- chrome 6” rise tbar drag bars

Photos to follow once fitted!

I’m hoping when the handlebars arrive they will be a straight swap with the originals and I won’t need to swap cables, but I will if needed.

I’m planning on using her for some long distance rising (I have a 2000 mile trip planned across Europe in July) so i’m debating whether to upgrade the fairing to a larger gauntlet style one to provide more wind protection.

I’m also debating whether to install forward controls, or to keep the existing mid controls and add highway pegs so that I can stretch out on longer journeys but still retain manoeuvrability in urban areas. I’m not keen on engine crash bars though so would need to find highway pegs that don’t need bars to fit. Does anyone else have some experience they can share?

A 2 inch tank lift, and shorter travel rear suspension (11 inch) are also planned, to enhance the cruiser look and make her less cafe racer.

Final item in the list is bar end mirrors, although I’m still only half decided on this.

Attachments

#19 ·
  • Custom Alcantara seat in black with orange stitching
  • Skull air filter cover
  • chrome 6” rise tbar drag bars

I’m hoping when the handlebars arrive they will be a straight swap with the originals and I won’t need to swap cables, but I will if needed.

I’m planning on using her for some long distance rising (I have a 2000 mile trip planned across Europe in July) so i’m debating whether to upgrade the fairing to a larger gauntlet style one to provide more wind protection.

I’m also debating whether to install forward controls, or to keep the existing mid controls and add highway pegs so that I can stretch out on longer journeys but still retain manoeuvrability in urban areas. I’m not keen on engine crash bars though so would need to find highway pegs that don’t need bars to fit. Does anyone else have some experience they can share?

A 2 inch tank lift, and shorter travel rear suspension (11 inch) are also planned, to enhance the cruiser look and make her less cafe racer.

Final item in the list is bar end mirrors, although I’m still only half decided on this.
I did bar end mirrors on mine, I love them. I can see behind and to the sides much better.

#6 · (Edited)
yeah I’ve noticed that - particularly this side of the pond. I’m wondering how many of the parts for the larger models like the Dyna can be modified to fit - fairings and so on?

There seems to be a thriving aftermarket thing going on in Australia, seems to largely be small businesses/individuals manufacturing things and selling through the Facebook group.

For example there’s a guy selling 2inch tank lift kits for 180AUD/£100 that he makes himself.

#7 ·
Unfortunately, the way I understand it is that the Street 500 and 750 are considered "starter" bikes to get the riders a taste of the HD brand. The marketing behind all this is to have you eventually trade up. I happen to like my bike because of its size and handling. Some folks try to modify/upgrade their Street, but you got to keep in mind you may not be able to get your investment out of it in the long run.

Ride safe!

#8 ·
I get that, the street is my 2nd bike that I got more as a run around for town - I’ve also got a Honda blackbird for when I fancy doing 185mph on the highway ?

So I’m not looking at an investment, I’m planning on keeping this for the next 10+ years - I just want her to look like she sounds now!

#17 ·
Hi folks,

I’m based in the UK, and I’m due to collect my street 750 in 2 days time. I already have big plans for tweaking her looks and setup to make her more “mine”, and thought I would share my progress with you all here.

She’s a 2015 model with 8k miles on the clock, and comes with a Vance and Hines muffler and removable sissy bar and HD tailbag.
so theres 2 versions of fwd controls, ones by free spirit and ones by ellaspede, free spirit goes for about 600 varies from time to time, comes from Thailand qualities great hardwares lacking, will need to drain brake fluid, ellaspede goes for 1000 a lil over, but sturdy and plug and play will NOT need to drain brake fluid from Australia

I mainly got fwd cuz i hate mids, being 183cm mids just arent for me

#18 ·
Hi folks,

• Custom Alcantara seat in black with orange stitching
  • Skull air filter cover
  • chrome 6” rise tbar drag bars

Hi, great job. Do you have a link for tank lift. Just would like to know how it looks like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.