Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Denim paint problems

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  smitty901 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally picked up my mini hog (or piglet as I’ve christened her) and my only complaint so far is the vinyl sticker the previous owner put on the tank. It’s a very narrow cut out symbol design, and whist I’ve been able to remove the vinyl and stick residue, I’m left with a bit of sun fading up to the boundary and a very clear imprint in the paintwork.

Normally I would just polish this out in gloss paint, but appreciate I cant do this with denim.

Other than finding a bigger sticker to place over the area and getting a respray, what are my options to get rid of the marks?!

#2 ·
That denim is a beeatch to deal with. I never wash mine...I only spray it off and lightly dry it. I use the Harley denim spray also.
I had a few rub marks from my knees on the tank. The HD rubber bumpers for the knee area fixed that. My vest snaps put a few light scratches in the tank in the center and I got the mustang leather bib to cover that up. Maybe it will fade out in the sun this summer. good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.