Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

New guy, new bike, street rod quedtions

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tim Russell 
#1 ·
Hey all. I started this in interviews forum but that is not the right place. Just bought a new bike today. Left the house on a 1200, came home in a rod. Been looking here and have read some but this is just an encompassing post.

Now, I am debating a bit more on a few things.

1. Seat comfort: is this an issue (Sportster was horrid), if so, ideas on fixing it and I am short at 5'7 so maybe that Harley drop seat for 199?

2. Red light flickered a bit. Had me really worried but from searching forums I think it's just a sensor and I'll bring it up to the shop this weekend or so... Am i wrong on this?

3. Exhaust: I got excited reading over a great forum on here about tbros but alas they don't make it for the rod. I'm slowly finding out that many things are not made for the rod. VnH comp or hi flo, any difference in sound? Send it could just be a material thing? Screaming eagle? Have to decide soon as sound is actually the smile factor for me and the mt07 had a great sound and want the best here.

4. Stage 1 time. Everyone is talking about the fp3, but the service tech specifically told me if I do that, warranty is gone. He said they don't care about much of anything else but if I tune, it has to be screaming eagle. With this, I briefly saw one Dyno sheet and it had horrid numbers. Looking for real world experience. The shop has a neutral sensor coming do I can start my bike in gear, just want to get my ducks in order.

Anything else? Missing anything? Advise? Going Amazon led headlight as it worked great on Sportster. I have yet to see anyone else on this bike in person and I don't know why. It's such a fun ride.

Thanks again. Here are some pics, not the best but my wife still doesn't know and I had to sneak them. All she said was she didn't hear me come in when before I left she said my bike shakes the walls.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.