Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

top down mirrors?

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  BodybagJonny 
#1 ·
I'd like to see my mirrors hung top down, or replaced by mirrors that sit below the handle bars. Links to parts or a tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
That would leave the existing mounting provisions sticking up on the on the hand control lever assembly and look rather ugly.

But I was thinking about this while riding yesterday. A flat plate adaptor about 1" wide with two holes could be made to pick up the mounting provision on the lever assembly and then extend back about a inch or so (for clearance) to behind the handle bars. Then the mirrors can be mounted pointing down and out from the aft hole location. It could look a little jury-rigged but would work without changing the hand controls.

Of course you'd still have the problem that you can't see directly behind you because your body is in the way.

The cleanest solution is still new hand control lever assemblies. The handle bars are standard 3/4" and all after market controls fit. More costly but definately the cleanest solution to the change.

Reactions: wjg284
#9 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.