Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Harley Davidson Street 750 First Look

18K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 ·

model included

#7 ·
So motorcycle usa did a article on the first view of the HD street 750. When they did the dyno the 750 produced 52.8hp which is close to 5hp less then what the other article said the bike made. I know each dyno is step up different then others and also other things play a factor. 5hp may sound like very little but it can make the deference in performance.
2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Ride - Motorcycle USA

#8 ·
So motorcycle usa did a article on the first view of the HD street 750. When they did the dyno the 750 produced 52.8hp which is close to 5hp less then what the other article said the bike made. I know each dyno is step up different then others and also other things play a factor. 5hp may sound like very little but it can make the deference in performance.
2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Ride - Motorcycle USA
Breaking it down into percentages it does then seem like a lot, which it is and shows you it matters. Hopefully this is not widespread. Thanks for sharing

#9 ·
Very true. In the past I had a ford focus svt tuned at a local performance shop after they got done tuning the car they performed a dyno test and showed I had 215 at the wheels. Which I was super happy cause at the time I had not done nothing major to the engine. Later at one my local car shows that we having in the spring came around they had a mobile dyno test machine. I got it up their and they did the run and showed I had lost close to 20 hp. I was not happy by this so later I took it back to the shop and they ran another test and it still came back to 215. I was really surprised by this and the guy told me it comes down to how used the dyno is as well for the calibration being done. So it comes down to how the machine is set up and how often it calibrated.

#12 ·
It makes me wonder how the Street would perform with a double overhead cam head with bucket and shim, or finger follower valve train that could be revved higher than the current valve train can tolerate safely. It seems the power curve of the Street and the Ducati are pretty close until the Street hits it's lower red line.

#16 ·
I feel people who want a modern engine would opt for Street bikes. Still there are people who prefer old Push Rod Engines and their Thump. VRod, NightRod bikes though good are not preferred much as compared to their Push Rod CounterParts.

Reminds me of Bentley when they replaced their traditional PushRod Engine of yore with a thoroughly modern and high tech engine. The marque faced criticism from its customers who were of the opinion that Bentley diluted the brand. Engine is 6 3/4 litre V8 faithfully in service Since 1950s.

#17 ·
Reminds me of Royal Enfield Bullet. Bullets used to have rear brake and gear shifter on opposite side as compared to other bikes and used to come with a neutral finder. When Enfield introduced new engine and 5 speed gear box as opposed to traditional 4 speed one with brake lever and gear shifter on same side as regular bikes, there was backlash among people and company continued the traditional British engined bike with old gearbox and traditional gear shift lever and brake position till that model had to be phased out because of Emission norms.

Still people have preserved that old Bullets and cherish them in-spite of them being less reliable.

#18 · (Edited)
US regulations for new production motorcycles require one down, four up (or three or five up depending on how many gears the bike has) shifting on the left side of the bike and the rear brake pedal placed on the right side. Some other advanced nations have identical regulations. Royal Enfield wanted to enter the US market, ergo the change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.