Harley Davidson Street 750 First Look - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 12-06-2013, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
I hope she comes with the bike

post #3 of 22 Old 03-27-2014, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just got this from cycle world. They did a dyno run and first ride article on their site.
2015 Harley-Davidson Street 750- First Ride Review- Photos- Dyno- Specs

post #4 of 22 Old 03-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmraldKnight View Post
Just got this from cycle world. They did a dyno run and first ride article on their site.
2015 Harley-Davidson Street 750- First Ride Review- Photos- Dyno- Specs
Thanks I was just reading it this morning.

Not too shabby...

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
post #5 of 22 Old 03-27-2014, 04:50 PM

Its odd cause I was reading another dyno test done by another magazine article and they said the street 750 produced less power.
post #6 of 22 Old 03-29-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Its odd cause I was reading another dyno test done by another magazine article and they said the street 750 produced less power.
how much less? link to article?

post #7 of 22 Old 03-29-2014, 01:16 PM

So motorcycle usa did a article on the first view of the HD street 750. When they did the dyno the 750 produced 52.8hp which is close to 5hp less then what the other article said the bike made. I know each dyno is step up different then others and also other things play a factor. 5hp may sound like very little but it can make the deference in performance.
2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Ride - Motorcycle USA
post #8 of 22 Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
So motorcycle usa did a article on the first view of the HD street 750. When they did the dyno the 750 produced 52.8hp which is close to 5hp less then what the other article said the bike made. I know each dyno is step up different then others and also other things play a factor. 5hp may sound like very little but it can make the deference in performance.
2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Ride - Motorcycle USA
Breaking it down into percentages it does then seem like a lot, which it is and shows you it matters. Hopefully this is not widespread. Thanks for sharing

post #9 of 22 Old 03-29-2014, 06:23 PM

Very true. In the past I had a ford focus svt tuned at a local performance shop after they got done tuning the car they performed a dyno test and showed I had 215 at the wheels. Which I was super happy cause at the time I had not done nothing major to the engine. Later at one my local car shows that we having in the spring came around they had a mobile dyno test machine. I got it up their and they did the run and showed I had lost close to 20 hp. I was not happy by this so later I took it back to the shop and they ran another test and it still came back to 215. I was really surprised by this and the guy told me it comes down to how used the dyno is as well for the calibration being done. So it comes down to how the machine is set up and how often it calibrated.
post #10 of 22 Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Very true. In the past I had a ford focus svt tuned at a local performance shop after they got done tuning the car they performed a dyno test and showed I had 215 at the wheels. Which I was super happy cause at the time I had not done nothing major to the engine. Later at one my local car shows that we having in the spring came around they had a mobile dyno test machine. I got it up their and they did the run and showed I had lost close to 20 hp. I was not happy by this so later I took it back to the shop and they ran another test and it still came back to 215. I was really surprised by this and the guy told me it comes down to how used the dyno is as well for the calibration being done. So it comes down to how the machine is set up and how often it calibrated.
Good point, how well calibrated the dyno is, is something I think some people overlook. Might be best to go for a 2nd test somewhere else if you have doubts about the original test you get

EmraldKnight likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page