The Harley-Davidson HD Street @ the Toronto Motorcycle Show - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By HowlOnWheels
  • 2 Post By Solo750owner

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-04-2015, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The Harley-Davidson HD Street @ the Toronto Motorcycle Show

[IMG][/IMG]

I recently attended the Toronto Motorcycle Show and while I was there I took some pictures of the HD Street. Thought I would post them up here to share with you guys.

The bike looked basically like I expected it to from all the photos that I have seen on the forum and elsewhere. One of the things that stood out to me was the exposed coil shock for the rear of the bike. I think that it looks nice, simple and classic.

Other than that, I thought that the bike is pretty comfortable with the seat and the sitting position. It's at a fairly affordable price, and it still gives you a true Harley bike.

You can see in this picture that the exhaust pipe has got a cap on the end of it. I'm sure that is not on the production model. :P

I noticed the wheel on the HD Street, but I don't really like it that much. It seems a bit too much for me. I don't think that it matches with the simplicity of the rest of the bike, so I would choose to change that for my own Street.

Let me know if you have any questions about the HD Street at the Toronto Motorcycle Show, and I'll try to answer them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-04-2015, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Looks like they added a few things from stock. Cafe seat, changed out the mirrors, grips and foot controls, Screaming Eagle exhaust, Buckshot headers and different wheels. I agree, I like the stock wheels better. I'm doing the same exhaust changes to mine.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-04-2015, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post

You can see in this picture that the exhaust pipe has got a cap on the end of it. I'm sure that is not on the production model. :-P
Actually that is Infact on the production model. It serves to maintain backpressure and to be legally compliant in all 50 states back here in the USA.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
I'm mostly interested in the wheels because it appears to be using the belt drive as opposed to being converted to a chain drive that's generally required for most wheel changes on the Street. The cush-drive for the Street is unique for the pulley and that's a part of the rear wheel assembly (hub). So I'm wondering where the real wheel assembly is coming from.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-06-2015, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
It's direct from HD. Those wheels are right out of the online parts catalogue.
StoneFree likes this.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-07-2015, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlOnWheels View Post
It's direct from HD. Those wheels are right out of the online parts catalogue.
And for almost 1k dollars, you too can get a set to fit on your bike.
StoneFree and Irie like this.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo750owner View Post
And for almost 1k dollars, you too can get a set to fit on your bike.
Wheels ain't cheap. I'm assuming these are like the stock wheels (i.e. machined aluminum castings) and $1000 for both front and rear is really when cheap compared to the higher quality machined forged aluminum wheels.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-13-2015, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltAssault View Post
Actually that is Infact on the production model. It serves to maintain backpressure and to be legally compliant in all 50 states back here in the USA.
hmmm, its not the stock muffler from the factory, it is the Harley screamin eagle optional slip on muffler, those plates visible in the end of the slip on muffler can be removed one at a time for more sound and less back pressure, the way I understand it anyway.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-16-2015, 10:30 PM

I like the Harley #1 medallions on the lower right side of the engine's crank case.
I know the air breather cover medallion is available, however I decided to go with the screaming eagle cover for my air breather.

but...how does the lower medallion attach to the side of the crankcase ?

with the heat from the engine, seems like an adhesive wont hold it in place for long.
any advice would be appreciated.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-16-2015, 10:42 PM

ok, my bad!....I went to the Harley parts online store and seen the medallion listed.
on the more info link, it shows the parts and how to mount this item.

it does come with a sticky pad and a metal bracket that the medallion does screw to.
I am still leary about the sticky pad staying applied once the engine gets hot though.

so...I answered my own question! ...hopefully this will help some one else some day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page