Your Street Rod.......Let's See It! - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 11-06-2017, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Your Street Rod.......Let's See It!

Post up shots of your (or another kewl one you found) Street Rod. Share your mods if you care to.

My '17.......

As Purchased (minus the huge rear fender):

As it sits today:

Mods include:

Free Spirits Sprocket Guard
CNC Lever kit
S&S Grand National Slip On
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner Kit w/ wrinkle black "muscle" cover
V&H's FuelPak3
Tail Tidy
R&G Radiator Grille Guard
H-D Daymaker LED Headlight

'06 VRSCR
'10 XR1200
'14 FXDL
'18 FXFBS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-06-2017, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
S&S Grand National plus S&S Stealth air filter. If you are going to do anything to your Street Rod, you really, really should consider doing these two modifications.

V&H FP3, neat way of altering Fuel Maps without being beholden to your dealer.

The Tuffside Tail Tidy is also a good one as you can get rid of 5 odd lbs of plastic junk!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stopped raining 4.jpg (503.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (423.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 20170815_091239.jpg (487.5 KB, 57 views)
post #3 of 21 Old 01-13-2018, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I'm considering doing the fender delete, but I saw on the listing that the factory security had to be relocated. Was it easy to find a good spot without the fender?

post #4 of 21 Old 01-13-2018, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Just to let those considering modifying their USA 2017-2020 Harleys know: using a non-EPA tuner (like the FP3) results in immediate termination of your powertrain warranty, as per the EPA consent decree. I didn't know about this when I had my Street; I happily put on a V&H O2 Naked intake and used the FP3 and loved 'em both, they were a great upgrade (along with the Nightstick muffler). I've become painfully aware of the warranty issue now that I have a 2018 bike. This consent decree applies to all Harleys model years 2017 to 2020. The S&S Grand National slip-on is an excellent product, and it's 50-state street legal and EPA-compliant, so it won't affect any warranty (or at least, it shouldn't). But the S&S Stealth Intake is not EPA-compliant, and could cause voiding of the warranty. And using the FP3 or any other tuner (PowerVision, TTS, any non-Harley tuner) will cause immediate and irrevocable voiding of the powertrain warranty.

The only safe way to upgrade performance on a 2017-2020 Harley and keep your warranty is to use EPA-compliant parts, and the safest way is to just go with EPA-compliant Screamin' Eagle parts. The Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner is the only tuner device that is allowed under the EPA consent decree. Use of any other tuner (whether by you, or going to a professional dyno tuner) = immediate voiding of the powertrain warranty.

The warranty under question is the two-year warranty from time of sale, and the 5-year or 18,641-mile emissions warranty. If your factory warranty has expired already, or you don't care about it, then hey, mod away. But if you've bought an extended warranty, you may want to consider whether a non-EPA performance mod is worth losing the extended warranty and the factory warranty.
post #5 of 21 Old 01-13-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanerock View Post
I'm considering doing the fender delete, but I saw on the listing that the factory security had to be relocated. Was it easy to find a good spot without the fender?
It can be relocated under the seat. Personally, I added spacers to the mounting bolts under the pillion to give a bit of room as it hit the seat bottom without them. It's very do-able.

'06 VRSCR
'10 XR1200
'14 FXDL
'18 FXFBS
post #6 of 21 Old 01-13-2018, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Gaijin: As luck would have it I have had a very good relationship with my dealer for years now. We discussed all this before I did anything to the bike. They have a don't ask don't tell attitude with corporate. They have with all my bikes.......but that's just me. Other peoples results of course may vary.

'06 VRSCR
'10 XR1200
'14 FXDL
'18 FXFBS
post #7 of 21 Old 01-14-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanerock View Post
Re positioning the security module bought on a couple of minutes head scratching but it's quite easy. The module just sits in a 'pocket' in the tail piece.

To re-site it either follow Scooter's advice, or if you release a couple of cable clips securing it's wiring to the loom, then loosen the two fixing bolts of the rider seat mount bracket, you will be able to slide it under the rider seat bracket and then place it in a very handy space just in front of the battery. I secured mine there with that double sided tape used for securing number plates amongst other things.
post #8 of 21 Old 01-14-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
But the S&S Stealth Intake is not EPA-compliant,
Admittedly, I wouldn't know an EPA regulation if it bit me on the arse, but just out of curiosity, any idea of why the Stealth Intake doesn't comply with EPA Gaijin?
post #9 of 21 Old 01-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil13 View Post
Admittedly, I wouldn't know an EPA regulation if it bit me on the arse, but just out of curiosity, any idea of why the Stealth Intake doesn't comply with EPA Gaijin?
Some intakes do, some don't, it's all about emissions levels. The Arlen Ness Big Sucker, for example, is 50-state legal and EPA-compliant. All the Screamin' Eagle intakes are. But the V&H O2 is not legal for street use, it's for competition use only. And the Stealth is (apparently to my mistake) 49-state compliant, but is illegal for use on the streets of California. California of course has different emissions regulations than every other state.

Sorry for the mistake earlier on the Stealth, I hope I didn't give you non-California residents a heart attack!
post #10 of 21 Old 01-14-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I am no longer in Californistan.

'06 VRSCR
'10 XR1200
'14 FXDL
'18 FXFBS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page