Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Your Street Rod.......Let's See It!

22K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Dan DBCS 
#1 ·
Post up shots of your (or another kewl one you found) Street Rod. Share your mods if you care to.

My '17.......

As Purchased (minus the huge rear fender):

As it sits today:

Mods include:

Free Spirits Sprocket Guard
CNC Lever kit
S&S Grand National Slip On
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner Kit w/ wrinkle black "muscle" cover
V&H's FuelPak3
Tail Tidy
R&G Radiator Grille Guard
H-D Daymaker LED Headlight

See less See more
#2 ·
S&S Grand National plus S&S Stealth air filter. If you are going to do anything to your Street Rod, you really, really should consider doing these two modifications.

V&H FP3, neat way of altering Fuel Maps without being beholden to your dealer.

The Tuffside Tail Tidy is also a good one as you can get rid of 5 odd lbs of plastic junk!

Attachments

#4 ·
Just to let those considering modifying their USA 2017-2020 Harleys know: using a non-EPA tuner (like the FP3) results in immediate termination of your powertrain warranty, as per the EPA consent decree. I didn't know about this when I had my Street; I happily put on a V&H O2 Naked intake and used the FP3 and loved 'em both, they were a great upgrade (along with the Nightstick muffler). I've become painfully aware of the warranty issue now that I have a 2018 bike. This consent decree applies to all Harleys model years 2017 to 2020. The S&S Grand National slip-on is an excellent product, and it's 50-state street legal and EPA-compliant, so it won't affect any warranty (or at least, it shouldn't). But the S&S Stealth Intake is not EPA-compliant, and could cause voiding of the warranty. And using the FP3 or any other tuner (PowerVision, TTS, any non-Harley tuner) will cause immediate and irrevocable voiding of the powertrain warranty.

The only safe way to upgrade performance on a 2017-2020 Harley and keep your warranty is to use EPA-compliant parts, and the safest way is to just go with EPA-compliant Screamin' Eagle parts. The Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner is the only tuner device that is allowed under the EPA consent decree. Use of any other tuner (whether by you, or going to a professional dyno tuner) = immediate voiding of the powertrain warranty.

The warranty under question is the two-year warranty from time of sale, and the 5-year or 18,641-mile emissions warranty. If your factory warranty has expired already, or you don't care about it, then hey, mod away. But if you've bought an extended warranty, you may want to consider whether a non-EPA performance mod is worth losing the extended warranty and the factory warranty.

#6 ·
Gaijin: As luck would have it I have had a very good relationship with my dealer for years now. We discussed all this before I did anything to the bike. They have a don't ask don't tell attitude with corporate. They have with all my bikes.......but that's just me. Other peoples results of course may vary.

#14 ·
Yep. And for the tuner, Harley can see if a tuner has been used. It's true the FP3 can reload your stock tune, but there are still indicators that the bike has had a tune performed. If they see any evidence that any tuner other than the Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner has been used, they are required by the EPA (a branch of the federal government) to immediately void the bike's warranty. Doesn't matter if there's anything wrong with the bike or not, doesn't matter if the tuner caused the problem or not. Just the fact that a non-EPA-compliant tuner was used at all, triggers the immediate warranty voiding.

#36 ·
It made a HUGE difference. Peak HP came up 10% but TQ in the middle came up 15% and that is quite significant.

The flat TQ curve is where the fun and feel is at. Excellent throttle feel and response and a less heat from the heads and exhaust as well.

Bryan says the stock airbox is just too restrictive since these XG750A engines turn 9,000 RPM stock and 9,500 RPM with open intake and proper map.

Bryan really know what he's doing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.