Fp3 - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 Old 09-14-2018, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
You're welcome, my reasoning for recommending V&H's standard map is it is a richer fuel to air ratio map, which should, maybe, possibly help offset the extra air your engine is getting from the hi flo air filter.

Let us all know the results of autotune if you decide to run it, could save someone else a bit of hassle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 10-09-2018, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey question regarding the "Autotune"..........They recommend doing 3 or so 20-40 min rides then pressing "Apply" before actually flashing the map..

So the question is can the bike and app be stopped between these rides?.....Or is it a case of pulling over leaving bike running and pressing apply?
post #23 of 29 Old 10-10-2018, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
You can stop both the bike and the app during an Autotune session just make sure to press apply when you're done for the day. The FP3 will then save the values it has recorded and will add to those values on the next ride and continue to do so until you press 'finish'.

If you press finish it means exactly that, the FP3 will conclude the auto tune session irrespective of whether all the squares have been turned green or not.
vr4king likes this.

post #24 of 29 Old 10-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Thanks Phil

Hopefully get some decent weather over the weekend to start an autotune session
post #25 of 29 Old 10-11-2018, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Garage
Has anyone had any problems updating their FP3 to the newest firmware using an android phone. If you are using an Apple Ios, do comment if you were successful as well as any android user. Vance & Hines wants me to ship my FP3 module on their dime to them. They also said that I should borrow an Apple phone and see if I can update it. Any input would be appreciated.
post #26 of 29 Old 10-14-2018, 05:06 PM

Well I attempted to do an auto tune yesterday and had my phone mounted where I could see it and after 20mins nothing had turned any color, I realised that it wont start till it reaches a certain temp...So I restarted with a new start temp and got some green squares yay......Decided to flash it as is, Wow what a difference its made bike is way more responsive etc...

Need to really try the whole 3-4 20min rides thing.
PugslyCat01 likes this.
post #27 of 29 Old 10-15-2018, 01:15 PM

Location: I split my time between rural central Iowa and rural southwest Iowa
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Several people on the forum have said that the FP3 auto tune sessions make an incredible improvement to otherwise stock XG series bikes. I've prioritized getting the FP3 ahead of pipes and an intake just for that reason, but will probably wait until spring before doing so.

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver
post #28 of 29 Old 10-15-2018, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo750owner View Post
Has anyone had any problems updating their FP3 to the newest firmware using an android phone. If you are using an Apple Ios, do comment if you were successful as well as any android user. Vance & Hines wants me to ship my FP3 module on their dime to them. They also said that I should borrow an Apple phone and see if I can update it. Any input would be appreciated.
Update:

Looks like I will be shipping my FP3 module to Vance & Hines by UPS overnight. Vance & Hines is providing for the shipping costs.
post #29 of 29 Old Today, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco1664 View Post
FP3 came today married it to the bike but now abit stuck it has 4 maps for my bike available but none for a stock exhaust and hi flow air filter I have emailed Vance and Hines but just though you may be able to help when I first married the bike I flashed the hi out put exhaust and stock air filter and the idle RPMwent down about 100 is this normal! As this happened I just flashed the stock map back onto it until I hear from them donít want to blow my bike up haha! Whatís your thoughts would this map be ok?
You mentioned there are four FP3 maps for the Street Rod. I want to get FP3 for my Street Rod but I can not get any good answers on any forum.

My bike has Rinehart pipe and S&S Stealth intake so I am wondering of one of the four maps is close. Any chance you can list the four maps for me?

Thank you so much!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page