Aftermarket LED turn signals - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By PugslyCat01

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-05-2018, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Aftermarket LED turn signals

Has anyone ventured down this track?

Looking to tidy up my front end and rear end with smaller more discrete LED turn signals.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-06-2018, 12:54 PM

Location: I split my time between rural central Iowa and rural southwest Iowa
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Tuffside sells the TruFlex Integrated Run/Brake/Turn LED strip and also the Harley XG Street 500/750 Fender Eliminator .

I have been looking into substituting LED bulbs that are direct replacements for the current bulbs. Most people using LED's are looking for a sleeker profile, whereas I just want the brightness.
Big Rus likes this.

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver
post #3 of 4 Old 11-07-2018, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
i have just changed turn signal to LED, cost about USD6 for all 4. it has no brand BUT its bright, however point to note, its so white bright that our stock turn signal cover from orange to yellow when lighted up. and mine is blinking faster than the stock light.

if you want to change only led bulb and keep the stock turn signal, best do not get white led, but i guess its cheap and brighter than stock, hence am ok with it...

lastly to get shorter bulb as my first purchase, the led was long, hence could not fit in which now i used on my car.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Location: I split my time between rural central Iowa and rural southwest Iowa
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wke002 View Post
... its so white bright that our stock turn signal cover from orange to yellow when lighted up. and mine is blinking faster than the stock light.
My plan was to go with amber LED's to prevent the color shift.

Several of our members have reported the fast flash. That runs contrary to the information I've seen that indicates changing all of the bulbs to LED's at the same time avoids that problem. I would think that the LED consuming less power would lead to a slow flash instead of a fast flash. That's the way old car blinkers would work.

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page