Stage 1 dynojet/Tab performance installed - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jammied

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-22-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Stage 1 dynojet/Tab performance installed

Recieved my stage 1 kit yesterday

It consists of a custom flashed Power vision compliments of Dyno Jet with the 9,500 rev limiter, and a slash cut Tab performance slash cut pipe with removable baffle and a K&N filter.

I ended up using the pre configured tune for the street rod and Vance & Hines completion slip on for the street rod.

VERY big difference from around 4,500 rpm and up. It just keeps pulling hard! Haven't auto tuned the 9,500 rev limit tune yet, but will load and auto tune it in the near future.

So the Tab slash cut pipe sounds great has a really nice throaty racy sound. I originally removed the baffle upon install thinking it would be to quiet and restricted. I'm here to tell ya that without the baffle it is loud. Not just loud but [email protected]*#ing loud!! Bike rally gonna be heard over anything loud!

Very very happy with the stage 1. Now to get a dyno tune with the raised rev limiter tune
Big Rus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-27-2019, 07:55 AM

Does raising the rev limiter to 9,500 cause any issues? Big ends of the rods opening up, spun bearings, etc?
post #3 of 6 Old 09-09-2019, 11:13 PM

Garage
xg750a upgrades

Does anyone have/know where to find before and after dyno information specific to the street rod for any kind of stage one configurations? I like many others chose a street rod for its performance at its price point and now I'm looking to see what kind of power I can pull out of it without doing any real major work. So a good stage one with some numbers to back it up are just what I'm looking for. Thanks!

post #4 of 6 Old 09-10-2019, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Just because you can turn 9,500 RMP's does not mean you should make a habit of it. Stage one you are well out side your power band by then.
post #5 of 6 Old Yesterday, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
On the 2015 models I once saw a torque curve taken on a dyno. The line reached 4,000 RPM quite quickly and flattened (+- 200 RPM) out for the rest of the rev range. With so much torque to play with I have never needed to run to the top end of the rev range, just stay in the mid-power band and let the motor do its work.

This flat torque curve also explains why the Street makes a good sidecar mount.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Your engine any engine has a span of RPMs it runs it best. But there are times the more RPMs out side your best curve are useful. Once the bike is moving at speed some of those RMPs outside the range will still allow more top end speed.
Example My big sidecar rig. Factory engine no exhaust or intake changes . it has a power vision with a stock improved tune. Factory redline is 5,400 rpms. With the tune it is now 6,200. The M8 engine has plenty of power to move the rig. It will do so fairly fast . There are times when you may wish for a bit more range in a gear. Coming on a ramp in the mountains up the grade. Those extra RPMs allow you to run the gear out a bit more and pick up more speed. That happens because the gearing is low enough you still have the torque to pull it even if it is not in the best range.
Your Street will act the same way. The Street 750 was a pretty wide operating range in the higher gears . 6th for 45 mph up is no problem. It is a light bike and with a light rider the extra RPMs may produce more top end speed in any gear.
But running high RPMs with no load on the engine like in 1 and 2nd gear will be hard on it over time. As I said just because you does not mean you should. Most people will not control the use of the extra RPMs over time and will be running a lot of unneeded RPM's. That will cause early wear. Long as you are ok with it and know it going in , have a blast.
My Street 750 with No changes to the engine or drive line tugs the sidecar very well, even with passenger in it. Solo750 will tell you the same thing. He is a good size man and with the sidecar his move

Last edited by smitty901; Today at 01:51 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page