V&H Fuelpak FP3 Honest Review - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-04-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
V&H Fuelpak FP3 Honest Review

I have searched and searched and read and read and after the worthless response from V&H regrading a dyno sheet I am really doubting this thing. V&H response to my request was "Unfortunately we can not release that info". If this thing works V&H should be happy to provide us with a dyno sheet.

S&S provides a dyno sheet for their intake and exhaust PLUS TUNING and increase was zero below 3,500 and +8.3% TQ / +9.7% HP at peak values.

I have read utter nonsense in forums... Things such as "I got 20% on the dyno!" Really... Show me the proof. Complete nonsense. No WAY is a Street Rod going to pick up 20% with some bolt-ons and fuel and spark changes.

Does anybody have a dyno sheet? Does it modify closed-loop or only open-loop? Exactly WHAT are your impressions and in WHAT contexts? When I jet a bike I can tell you ALL the things that changed and in MANY contexts, not just "It's better", which is nonsense. Same for when we change spark timing (i.g., more initial and faster curve).

Also... What other mods went along with the FP3 when you added it.

Again, don't tell me "It's just better" because that tells me nothing. How, exactly, is it $400 better than stock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-05-2019, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
I purchased the FP3.

I have no dyno sheet.

As I understand it the tuner cannot alter the closed loop running, but I could be corrected.

I put a Screamin' eagle air filter and a Firebrand GP exhaust on my bike.

I opted for the FP3 tuner mainly because I liked the fact that you can have quite a lot of info displayed on your phone screen while you are riding.

The bike had a lot of decel pop prior to me doing an auto-tune with the FP3. After the tune my bike did run a lot smoother without the noise of decel pop (which I personally found annoying).

With regard to extra performance as opposed to a stock set up I am unable to comment as I do not have the testing equipment.

I can say however that the bike DOES run a **** of a lot smoother and does seem more responsive away from lights etc. Unable to say if this is because of the air filter, exhaust or FP3.

If it is the FP3 would a tuner other than an FP3 have achieved this ? - more than likely. But I did find the FP3 very easy to use and like I said previously, I really do like the other features.

I too have searched a lot for dyno sheets - they seem as rare as rocking horse $hit !

Botty
post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botty View Post
I purchased the FP3.

I have no dyno sheet.

As I understand it the tuner cannot alter the closed loop running, but I could be corrected.

I put a Screamin' eagle air filter and a Firebrand GP exhaust on my bike.

I opted for the FP3 tuner mainly because I liked the fact that you can have quite a lot of info displayed on your phone screen while you are riding.

The bike had a lot of decel pop prior to me doing an auto-tune with the FP3. After the tune my bike did run a lot smoother without the noise of decel pop (which I personally found annoying).

With regard to extra performance as opposed to a stock set up I am unable to comment as I do not have the testing equipment.

I can say however that the bike DOES run a **** of a lot smoother and does seem more responsive away from lights etc. Unable to say if this is because of the air filter, exhaust or FP3.

If it is the FP3 would a tuner other than an FP3 have achieved this ? - more than likely. But I did find the FP3 very easy to use and like I said previously, I really do like the other features.

I too have searched a lot for dyno sheets - they seem as rare as rocking horse $hit !

Thank you brother - Just what I was looking for. My bike has a Rinehart pipe and stock intake and it really rips. Good power from idle to top and no flat spots nor snaggy areas anywhere. Occasional pop on decel but only if throttle is not fully closed. Insanely-sensitive throttle feel and response. Fan has only come on just a few times and not as much heat as I often read about.

All this makes me wonder if the ECM was already tuned prior to me getting the bike (2017 model). I have ridden quite a few bikes in my time (I am 53 years old) and this little bike and its engine impressed me at the very first ride, which is NOT what I expected. Since the FP3 is "married" to the ViN I wonder if V&H can tell me if it was indeed tuned with their unit...

post #4 of 4 Old 10-08-2019, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
I think they can - I heard of someone who had an FP3 that stopped working. He gave them his VIN number and they were able to tell that he had in fact got an FP3 'married' to his bike and they sent a replacement.

Not sure what sort of relationship you have with your dealer (mine is not very good ) but they are able to plug in your bike and tell if it has ever been 'flashed' with a new map on the ECU.

I live in the UK - which is not very well known for hot days and as such my fan has only ever come on a couple of times when I first purchased it and was stuck at traffic lights and did not have the balls to filter through traffic. Most of my rides now are very long (over 100 miles at least) through the mountains and valleys in Wales and have not heard my fan come on.

I also get very good mpg so I think I have got it just where it should be and don't intend to make any more changes

Botty

Last edited by Botty; 10-08-2019 at 02:43 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page