U.S. Company steps up with tuning options. - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 05-10-2014, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
U.S. Company steps up with tuning options.

This is great to see.
Power Vision Support for 2015 Street 500 and 750 | Dynojet Research Inc.
HarleyVest, Sherri and bbally like this.

"Anybody can buy a bike and go fast nowadays, but there's a lot more in it and more enjoyable developing a slow machine to Go Fast" - Burt Munro 1970
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
This is great now I know the rinehart staggered true duals can be fitted to it almond with a KN filter.
HarleyVest likes this.

USMC '79-'85 Sgt.
1st Mar Div, 1st FSSG Det A in the Stumps
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
PGR Rider

2016 FLTRXS
2015 XG 750
2003 VRSCA

1982 GS1100GK
post #3 of 14 Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
welll that was quick

post #4 of 14 Old 05-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gears View Post
Doesn't surprise me that dynojet would be the first ones to come out with a tuning option.

Really interested in the outcome!!!!
Sherri likes this.

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-12-2014, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Dyno seems to also have a cool iOS app with wireless connectivity. It's gonna be a pain to get one to India. But I think the demand for this will slowly increase, once harley riders start exploring theyre own bike. I spoke to the local harley tech guy here in bangalore, and he wasn't aware that this stuff was available. India has a long way to go when it comes to performance tuning knowledge. Future is brig, as they say.

Cheers,

KK
post #6 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Great to see a company coming out with this service. I bet there will be plenty more companies that come out with their own tuning kits for the HD Street. The HD Street 500 just seems to be begging for it.

Those dyno charts are a bit confusing to me though. Not really sure how to read them properly.
post #7 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I am fairly certain that H-D themselves should have a tuning program available sometime in the future as well. If any considerable changes are made with these bikes somewhere down the road (e.g.-exhaust, cams, head porting, etc.) they will certainly need to be remapped. Many EFI tuning packages such as DynoJet offers have a map for many different combinations of upgrades. As far as not being able to read the charts, don't worry, there are shops and dealerships that Do know how to tune properly. Take it to a professional.
Sherri likes this.

"Anybody can buy a bike and go fast nowadays, but there's a lot more in it and more enjoyable developing a slow machine to Go Fast" - Burt Munro 1970
post #8 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gears View Post
I am fairly certain that H-D themselves should have a tuning program available sometime in the future as well. If any considerable changes are made with these bikes somewhere down the road (e.g.-exhaust, cams, head porting, etc.) they will certainly need to be remapped. Many EFI tuning packages such as DynoJet offers have a map for many different combinations of upgrades. As far as not being able to read the charts, don't worry, there are shops and dealerships that Do know how to tune properly. Take it to a professional.
Alright, glad I am not the only one who doesn't fully understand what is going on there. I'll have to ask someone who has some more experience in the tuning world to give me a quick primer on how to read these charts. I see them posted around a lot.

Since HD wants the Street to be customized quite a bit, I think that we will see HD come out with tuning maps along with some other companies as well.
post #9 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
i trust dynojet

they have a good rep
Sherri likes this.
post #10 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I purchased the first Dynojet dynamometer in our area 18 years ago, and my training certificate was #0002 . I have dealt with them for years, and they are always up on the new bikes and providing numerous new maps for a multitude of engine, cam, exhaust combinations. Certainly they will include much for the Streets. Now, our youngest son is the head dyno technician at our local H-D dealership, and has received training at both H-D and S&S. We are very anxious to get our hands on one of these new Street models.
HarleyVest, Sherri and bbally like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page