LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-25-2014, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Layla was sick

My Street 750, Layla, came down ill last week. She would not cold start on the first to forth try, she hesitated a bit while accelerating, and when you turned her off you got a whiff of gasoline.

The technician replace the fuel pump that was not meeting spec pressure, re gaped the spark plugs, re-flashed the engine controller. adjusted the idle, and re-balance the front tire.

Dropped her of on Saturday and trailered her back today/Friday. Did not get a chance to really check her out, I will in the morning.

Have a Peachy Day.

Last edited by PatLav; 07-26-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Why are Street Bikes reporting so much problems? Teething Problems with the Product!
post #3 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Layla seemed to be very well this morning, we went out in the hill country with the other motorcycles and bicycles. There are very few cars from 6:30 AM to about 8:30 AM. Nice hilly and curvy roads to share with the bicycles in the 70 to 80 degree air, very humid this morning. Plan to go out Sunday morning too.

I am at home this afternoon bottling Sangiovese and Syrah wine. We start picking whites next week.

Have a Peachy Day.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLav View Post
Layla seemed to be very well this morning, we went out in the hill country with the other motorcycles and bicycles. There are very few cars from 6:30 AM to about 8:30 AM. Nice hilly and curvy roads to share with the bicycles in the 70 to 80 degree air, very humid this morning. Plan to go out Sunday morning too.

I am at home this afternoon bottling Sangiovese and Syrah wine. We start picking whites next week.
got to love some good wine!
any thing you usually snack on while drinking your favorite wine?

post #5 of 8 Old 07-27-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
This may be off topic, Got up at 6AM, and bottled 4 cases of Pinot Noir this morning and I am now cleaning up. As far as snacking, I had some Romano cheese and hard salami after bottling 8 cases yesterday. Going to ride to Hamilton Pool before it gets to hot, will be 100+ and very humid today.
HDGuy likes this.

Have a Peachy Day.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-29-2014, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
This may be off topic, Got up at 6AM, and bottled 4 cases of Pinot Noir this morning and I am now cleaning up. As far as snacking, I had some Romano cheese and hard salami after bottling 8 cases yesterday. Going to ride to Hamilton Pool before it gets to hot, will be 100+ and very humid today.
Nice!

Yeah it is off topic, I don't want to take it even more offtopic, maybe there should be a "what do you drink" thread in the offtopic section, since im sure many others here will like that
post #7 of 8 Old 08-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
My Street 750, Layla, came down ill last week. She would not cold start on the first to forth try, she hesitated a bit while accelerating, and when you turned her off you got a whiff of gasoline.

The technician replace the fuel pump that was not meeting spec pressure, re gaped the spark plugs, re-flashed the engine controller. adjusted the idle, and re-balance the front tire.

Dropped her of on Saturday and trailered her back today/Friday. Did not get a chance to really check her out, I will in the morning.

this sounds like what mine is doing. But i dont get the smell of gas.
Did this fix you up?
thanks for the info
post #8 of 8 Old 08-10-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Seems to have, I have not put many miles on her since then. At this time of year the in Texas the temperature is 101+ and not that comfortable for a pleasure ride.

Pat

Have a Peachy Day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page