Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a problem with these? One ride after install my O2 sensor failed. It was determined one plug was fouled and wire was loose. The tech at the dealer couldn't determine which happened first or if the wires were faulty. He put my stock wires back on and said the 10 mm are designed for engines that have been modified, not for stock engines, and he didn't recommend using them. He would put them back on if I wanted, but said any issues resulting from them most likely wouldn't be covered by the warranty.

I know better than to piss off the guy who works on my bike, so I'm following his recommendation, but has anyone else had an issue?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Its Possible you got a bad Terminal inside the boot. Or it wasn't properly installed. On my 750, I installed the Sumax wires. Put over 100 Miles and no issues.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have the HD 10mm plug wires on my bike....no problems at all.
they are a tight fit down into the heads though. mine came with a packet of grease that I used to help slide them on.

the cause of your stated problem may have been due to the plug wires not fully connected to the plugs, then arcing and fouling a plug.

I ordered these off of the HD website and it stated these were a fit for my street 750.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Rock, That Grease is for preventing Corrosion. And to help make Contact between the terminals.

While on the subject of Ignition Systems, I was told by NGK to Never use Anti Seize Compound on the Threads. 1: It messes with the Ground. 2: The Oil runs into the cylinder and can fowl the plug.

Irie, Was the bike Misfiring after the plug wires?? The Misfire would cause the O2 sensors to fail. And can ruin the Catalytic Converter. The big can in front of the muffler.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No misfiring. Ran great first time (about 30 miles). Next time kept stalling, really loud, engine light on, acceleration issues (all these due to O2 sensor). As far as cat conv., I had stage 1 done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts