Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my XG750A. I'll upload more as I do more stuff/go more places to/with the bike.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
361 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with DarkArwen, I've commented on other threads that I really like that particular green. Do keep us in the loop with what you do to and with the bike. Such posts have inspired myself and many others to get the most out of our rides.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just dropped the bike off at my local HD dealer today. The oil pressure light keeps coming on at idle, and it was intermittently making a god-awful rattling noise in low gear. Hopefully wasn't anything TOO serious. Other than those 2 glaring issues, the bike has been a blast. Haven't really been riding it a lot since I got it (only has 303 miles as of today, got it new with 21 miles), but my lifestyle really doesn't permit motorcycle riding except on weekends. That and traffic here is hazardous at best in an automobile, downright frightening on a motorcycle.
But on the plus side, while it's at the dealer, I went ahead and am going to have them install the reach seat that HD sells for these bikes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good call getting the reach seat if that's what you need. Having the correct fit to the bike is really important. On my Street I think I had the tall boy seat ordered before I actually even had the bike in my possession.

Where are you that the traffic is so awful?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call getting the reach seat if that's what you need. Having the correct fit to the bike is really important. On my Street I think I had the tall boy seat ordered before I actually even had the bike in my possession.

Where are you that the traffic is so awful?
Las Vegas.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Las Vegas.
I used to live at another vacation/weekend destination. All of the tourists and weekend partiers show up and turn off any common sense. That's got to make traffic a bear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the bike back today. Dealer was unable to replicate eithet issue, but said that oil pressure was fine. So when it blows up, it's their fault not mine.

Anyways, got the reach seat installed today. Looks pretty good, and I can now flatfoot it. Another change is that where I now sit in relation to the gauge is flatter, whereas stock you almost have to look down at it, now I can glance down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered stage 1 kit today. Screamin' Eagle air filter kit and Pro Street tuner, and Chappell Customs muffler. Will post photos once it all shows up and is installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First mod before my parts get here. I took a page from Scooter McGee's book and opened up my stock intake. However, instead of just cutting the stock tuning out, I removed that entire piece and JB Welded the metal screen back on. We will know this weekend whether or not it worked

·
Registered
174 Posts
Please let us know how that works out for you. I'm guessing it will run a bit lean until you flash the ECM.

My understanding is that the H-D Pro Street tuner allows you to select intake and exhaust options from a menu, but doesn't auto tune like an FP3. I'm curious to hear back on how well it copes with the intake being opened up in that manner as opposed to replacing the stock air cleaner with a performance part.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the filter and tuner in today

Installed the filter, and played around with the tuner a bit. It does have the stage 1 file, but you use the physical black box as a data recorder as well. Keep it hooked up, ride around, go back, have the program redo the tune, rinse and repeat. It's actually pretty intuitive, you can see all sorts of information with it. To me it feels like a mix between a can tuner and a watered-down version of EFILive. Havent ridden the bike since I did everything and still waiting for the exhaust to show up so now real update on performance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New exhaust finally showed up. Very high quality piece, and way louder than stock. Also did a quick 15 minute ride-tune on it, gonna take it to work tomorrow and see how it does.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also picked up a factory service manual

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And so soon after my story started, it must end. Traded my SR in on a '19 Sportster 1200 Custom. The SR just wasnt cutting it for how I ride. I dont ride in the city a lot, and the Street Rod sucks at highway speeds for more than 15-20 minutes. Very bittersweet moment though. Only ever have one "first motorcycle".

Goodbye old friend

Hello new blood

·
Registered
2 Posts
And so soon after my story started, it must end. Traded my SR in on a '19 Sportster 1200 Custom. The SR just wasnt cutting it for how I ride. I dont ride in the city a lot, and the Street Rod sucks at highway speeds for more than 15-20 minutes. Very bittersweet moment though. Only ever have one "first motorcycle".

Goodbye old friend

Hello new blood

Still on this tread?Otherwise, a cool ride? No other issues?
Performance diff with mods?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just got back to this forum. For the times i'm riding in town I miss the maneuverability of the SR over the Sportster, but when im riding longer distances the Sportster is a massive improvement. The torque is super nice, although my buddy still smokes me on his Scout

1 - 19 of 19 Posts