Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I bought my 15 Street 750 Mysterious Red Sunglo on Sept 5. Due to the Weather, And my work schedule I have only put 200 miles on it. This is my First HD. As well as my First Cruiser. As I have been riding Maxi Scooters for the last several years.

My Review:
The 750 has pretty good power. Is light enough for me to handle. I am only 5'4" and 135 Pounds. I've pulled 6th as low as 40 Mph. The Michelin Tires do a good job on Metal Grate Bridges. Only stalled it once the day I bought it. MPGs seem decent enough. Just wished HD included a Fuel gauge. Tach would've been nice. I know when to shift by engine vibration and Road Conditions. The Stock mirrors are decent for me. Maybe the upgraded HD in the future?? Have to try it on another first. The Turn Signal indicators could be a bit bigger(Speedometer housing). Definitely going to get a windshield of some sort. As well as a Luggage Rack and Saddle Bags. Miss the extra storage space from the Majesty. The Handle Bar feels weird. Not like the one on the Majesty. Rides Smoother over bumps. My father has a Vivid Black 750. Told me he has trouble finding N. I don't have that problem. Then again, he only has 15-20 Miles on his. I have about 250. Told him it needs to "Break in".
Most of my riding has been on Japanese bikes. And this model is Close to being one. If HD wanted to kick around some ideas, Or need input? I am willing to help.
In the end, I do like the Street 750.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying the bike. A lot of people seem to be disappointed in the mirrors but I have no visibility issues with them either.I am about 5 ft 7 so that probably helps.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying the bike. A lot of people seem to be disappointed in the mirrors but I have no visibility issues with them either.I am about 5 ft 7 so that probably helps.

Did H-D fix the mirror problem? The stock ones that I had were a nightmare! When did you get your bike?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I fully agree Rock. At 40mph I'm usually shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. At the highest I may be in 4th when taking an off ramp.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't make a habit of it.

Dealer told me to run 91 Octane. I saw the sticker on the frame that shows 87. Wonder if I will need the 91 if I was to change the Muffler and Air Filter??

·
Registered
147 Posts
I run mine on 95RON or 98RON....as per my dealer!

The bike runs like a POS on 91

I've got the screaming eagle night stick and the screaming eagle stage 1 air cleaner and appropriate tune....and runs well, very smooth and free - love it to bits...just hitting 900kms

Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts