Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Street 500 that won't start. It ran great a couple days ago then the battery completely died. Replaced that batter but now it won't turn over. Checked the spark plug and coil pack, both are good. Check the fuel pump, also good. The only thing I can think of is that there might be an issue with the fuel injector. Just wanted to check if it could be anything else before going through the hassle of getting to and removing the injector.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
781 Posts
Do you hear the fuel pump after the switches are on but prior to hitting the start button?
Does it have lights?
Have you double checked the battery connections?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2015 Street 500 that won't start. It ran great a couple days ago then the battery completely died. Replaced that batter but now it won't turn over. Checked the spark plug and coil pack, both are good. Check the fuel pump, also good. The only thing I can think of is that there might be an issue with the fuel injector. Just wanted to check if it could be anything else before going through the hassle of getting to and removing the injector.
Yes. everything seems normal when I turn the key on but when I press the ignition switch, it acts like it's not getting fuel. We checked the battery and all the wiring and everything checked out ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you hear the fuel pump after the switches are on but prior to hitting the start button?
Does it have lights?
Have you double checked the battery connections?
Yes. everything seems normal when I turn the key on but when I press the ignition switch, it acts like it's not getting fuel. We checked the battery and all the wiring and everything checked out ok.

Sorry, hit the wrong reply button.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would check battery cable integrity for tightness. I would take a volt meter across the battery posts. Hold the start button and note the voltage drop. Say it reads 12.6v at the battery now. You start the bike and the battery drops to 5.5v, not something like 11.1v and returns back to 12.4v or back up to 12.6v. That's like showing a load test on the battery.

Even though it's a new battery, what is the drop when the cranking if any begins?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re
ReMove seat and look at the 2 relays that are there they are the safety relays that are installed on the bike .mine was same issue after battery change .took the y harness for the relays out took one relay plugged lt back into main harness and bike runs fine now .removing the y harness and one relay only disabled the auto cut off if bike lays over to far them 2 relays have to be straight up and down locked in place or causes a code issue. Me I disabled it vs the repair money

·
Registered
14 Posts
Donald said:
... one relay only disabled the auto cut off if bike lays over... or causes a code issue. Me I disabled it
I believe without the lay over relay in the loop, FI can run upside down. I'm thinking of oil being pumped out horizontally and filling that area and no more oil to be pumped back to the oil bag [if applies], and you out for 10 minutes, and even though a bike is still air cooled with radiator, that bike now heats up like the rebuild out the wallet? I'll take care of the code on the cheap, thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts