Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
96 Posts
Is the rear master leaking or you changed the fluid and can't get it to bleed out the bubbles? No kit is made for this looks like. Nor shows a price for a complete one so it looks like it's NA.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the rear master leaking or you changed the fluid and can't get it to bleed out the bubbles? No kit is made for this looks like. Nor shows a price for a complete one so it looks like it's NA.

What actually happen was the site glass was leaking and protruding out and i pushed in back and out new fluid in and tried to bleed brakes , but it does not build up pressures and barley bleeds -not pedal on rear brake at all ?

· Banned
96 Posts
The open and close is incorrect. It's open once, pump till your own arm has arm pump, then close it once. Keep filling the res and capture no air not filling it up again.

The question mark hoop hanging high or a circled loop of the hose; has to suck it back up at the open nipple. So you don't need to close the nipple having that suck back using a hoop/loop type drain line. You have time to refill the master.

If not resolved, then you open and close the banjo bolt at the master. Same close as the lever pull at the nipple; is to break the banjo bolt loose, pull the lever and close [banjo/nipple] before you touch the lever at the grip. Pump it up and see if feeding the [air is gone] with fluid filling the master, and you once again have a hard pedal/lever.

· Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
939 Posts
Any kind of replacement or rebuild kit is probably going to have to come from Harley. There just isn't a whole lot of aftermarket parts support for these bikes.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any kind of replacement or rebuild kit is probably going to have to come from Harley. There just isn't a whole lot of aftermarket parts support for these bikes.
Hi -the problem i have with the rear master cylinder is the site glas has popped out and leaking -i pushed it back in but it still leaks -how can i fix this problem-thank you

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The open and close is incorrect. It's open once, pump till your own arm has arm pump, then close it once. Keep filling the res and capture no air not filling it up again.

The question mark hoop hanging high or a circled loop of the hose; has to suck it back up at the open nipple. So you don't need to close the nipple having that suck back using a hoop/loop type drain line. You have time to refill the master.

If not resolved, then you open and close the banjo bolt at the master. Same close as the lever pull at the nipple; is to break the banjo bolt loose, pull the lever and close [banjo/nipple] before you touch the lever at the grip. Pump it up and see if feeding the [air is gone] with fluid filling the master, and you once again have a hard pedal/lever.
Hi -the problem i have with the rear master cylinder is -the plastic site glass has popped out and leaking -i pushed in back in flush but the master will not build up pressure- how can i fix this problem

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot -rear master cylinder is working fine. The two holes in the bottom of the master cylinder we're stopped up I cleared them with a needle and started pumping -it seems like it
took forever but I finally got
a nice pedal pressure for the rear brake ,I also used goop glue and super glue and the site glass appears to be sealed up- time will tell.
Thanks again,
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts