Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased this XG750 engine with less than 600 miles, and for the first time in my life am having it built elsewhere. We plan to have it back by next Spring with 110-120+ HP, and ready to install in a new chassis we are going to build.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love it!!

I just purchased this XG750 engine with less than 600 miles, and for the first time in my life am having it built elsewhere. We plan to have it back by next Spring with 110-120+ HP, and ready to install in a new chassis we are going to build.
I am assuming this motor not going to be naturally aspirated.
What are your plans ? Supercharged? Turbo?
I need to know.
Good luck keep us posted
Thank's

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I am assuming this motor not going to be naturally aspirated".
Never assume anything when it comes to engine building ;-)

"What are your plans ? Supercharged? Turbo? I need to know"
More info. provided when engine is back in frame, and dyno/tuning work completed :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Finally someone around here who wants to have some fun! Be insteresting to see what you guys come up with. I know talking with Steve Cole that there's work that HAS to be done before we can start to get serious with modding the engine and it's limiting everyone at the moment.

Can't wait to see the end result. Hope you put it on the 1/4 mile before you start messing with a gearing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A drag strip is always the perfect test bed. Fortunately we live out in the country and have a 1/2 mile long perfect stretch of straight & smooth road with no homes. Motorcycles and cars have used it for years. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's perfect! We're in the same boat up here in Northern Alberta ... lots of wide open roads that are yours and yours alone but having the times in front of you, for me at least is the best encouragement, unless you have a dyno, then I just envy the snot out of you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another piece for our 2016 Hoosier Daddy Racing program.
Leaving in a couple weeks to be modified with a few more degrees rake, and extended swingarm.

Stay Tuned as things progress.

p.s.
Sadly, because of poor track conditions on the salt this years Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials was cancelled.

However as Inventor Thomas Edison stated "Things happed for those who hustle while they wait" so we will continue to excitedly move forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Our Street XG750 engine is at this time completely apart for R&D to look for any possible weak points before proceeding with HP improvements. Our naturally aspirated engine will definitely be 100+ HP when finished. Many changes to entire engine. Frame is currently being raked 3 degrees, and 4 inches added to swingarm for high speed straight line stability and to be compliant with the class we plan to enter. Fiberglass fairing and seat/tail section will be designed in the late spring, and very similar in shape to the current F.I.M. world landspeed record holder Al Lamb's CBR1000 Honda powered machine.
As can be seen by the enclosed photo, a friend stopped by to check out our other racer,
and wish us a Merry Christmas.
:laugh:

Please check us out on Facebook too.
"Hoosier Daddy Racing - Motorcycle Landspeed Team"

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Vague topic, totally apart going ti make 100hp, how ? Cams , boring it out , nitrous?, magic?, 6 months later it is apart.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First off, please excuse me if my postings are not to your satisfaction, and or correct timeline.
As with any engine (but I will stick to the XG750 you have in question) that is seeking to increase horsepower
it will have larger intake valves, different port designs for both intake & exhaust, higher compression (approx. 14 - 14.5:1),
cams with higher lift-longer duration-and different timing, larger throttle body (possibly 53mm), rebalanced crank (with counterbalance removed),
chromoly H-beam connecting rods, Dynojet tuner w/5 different tuning downloads, ceramic wheel bearings, and micro shot peening of 90% of engine internals. Exact specifics regarding any of these descriptions will not be posted here, as we are working with a few companies to acquire some prototype designs. The engine will remain 750cc, so no boring, no nitrous, no magic.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Gears your description says it all. Get the breathing right, remove any unwanted weight including parts if necessary, and then add more compression. Make up your own fuel mix and never stand directly behind the finished product.

I like your approach.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thank you, wasnt trying to be a total dick, jjust wanted to know what was actually planned for upgrades to get an idea of what engine mods were being done.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone near Milwaukee Wisconsin......My son and I will be a part of the Annual ( Mama Tried Motorcycle Show ) Feb. 19-21
If you plan to attend please come find us. Just look for our Hoosier Daddy Racing banner.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Update on our Hoosier Daddy Racing project.
Many things have been in the works in the last few months. Our engine is in a small town in Wisconsin called Viola; which is the home to http://www.sscycle.com/. My son has worked there for the last year, and they have offered great help in the development of our engine, with the HDR rider right in the middle of it all. The list of engine racing changes is long, but to name few we will running 14:1 pistons, larger valves (titanium), dual throttle bodies, 2 into 1 exhaust with larger diameter pipes and reverse megaphone, and Dynojet tuner. We also just got in our ceramic wheel bearings from World Wide Bearings; which will lessen rolling friction by 45%. If all goes well we will have an initial running at the ECTA Ohio Mile in June, and then on to Bonneville in August. Hope to check back again before long. You can always check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hoosierdaddyracing.org/ Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Hope the salt is good this year!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is another little peak into our bike going back together, and if all goes as planned we will be landspeed racing at an ECTA event in Wilmington Ohio this coming weekend June 18-19. We hope to use this more as a test and tune (and maybe set a record too) prior to going on to the main stage at Bonneville in August. Please keep your fingers, eyes, and toes crossed. We need the help. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts