Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I finally visited the Milwaukee Indian Dealership in Muskego Wisconsin and test drove a Smoke grey 2016 Indian Scout. The bike is light weight like my street and makes u turns with ease. The fat tires take the bumps in the road very well. This bike came equipped with ABS, a Gear indicator, Tach, and Low fuel light. Also the blinker switch turns off automatically. This is one smooth riding motorcycle with lots of power and the shifting is so much smoother than my Street 750. It seems to me that the makers of the Indian Scout have been reading the complaints we Street owners have been stating about the lack of what should have been included on our bikes. I haven't test drove a 2016 Street 750 yet since there isn't one at my dealership. The accessories for the 2016 Scout are 3 windshield sizes to choose from. Also, a kit to add a 10 inch mini apes in addition to reduce reach handle bars just to name a few that I liked very much. What I didn't like was this bike uses 15w-60 motor oil. At least that is what the guy at the store said. With 2016 Street, relocated horn and upgraded brakes non abs for 50 more on the sticker price than last years model. I still like the gas mileage I'm getting with my Harley. I haven't done enough research to see what the Scout is getting for gas mileage.

·
Registered
766 Posts
personally I think everyone should be able to have a bike for each day of the week....or month :D

I know Indian bikes have been around off and on for many, many years.

however, it kinda scares me that with my luck, if I was to ever buy one, then they'd go back out of business again for many years.

for my next toy, I'd love to get a Polaris Sling Shot....that looks like it would be a blast to drive.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@Rock270,

Re: Indian Scout,

"it kinda scares me that with my luck, if I was to ever buy one, then they'd go back out of business again for many years."

I get your point; my cousin spent around $27,000 on a CHIEF back in the Gilroy mfg. time only to see the demise of that, some one year later. I'm wondering, however, if the strength of Polaris will see a different and positive outcome, this time. I'm watching the SCOUT with interest. After once having four bikes, concurrently, I think having two now might be fun. I always like your idea of "a bike for each day of the week....or month" but, realistically, two would be all I could handle at this point. Keep up the good work, my friend!

·
Registered
766 Posts
@Rock270,

Re: Indian Scout,

"it kinda scares me that with my luck, if I was to ever buy one, then they'd go back out of business again for many years."

I get your point; my cousin spent around $27,000 on a CHIEF back in the Gilroy mfg. time only to see the demise of that, some one year later. I'm wondering, however, if the strength of Polaris will see a different and positive outcome, this time. I'm watching the SCOUT with interest. After once having four bikes, concurrently, I think having two now might be fun. I always like your idea of "a bike for each day of the week....or month" but, realistically, two would be all I could handle at this point. Keep up the good work, my friend!

yes, with Polaris in the mix now, I would have more confidence in purchasing an indian motorcycle....not that there are any 100 % guarantees with any brands now days, but more confidence for sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That bike is a monster. Putting out something like 80+ horsepower at the wheel, stock. The controls are a little too far forward for my tastes, but that engine and the look of the bike overall is gorgeous. Not to mention gear driven primaries that are less prone to failure than the cam chain shoes on the HD twin cams. If I had money, I'd have both.

·
Registered
766 Posts
80 hp is pretty good no doubt.....
my ST has 125 hp, love it, but rarely ride it anymore.

I'd love to test ride the new Kawasaki Ninja H2 racing bike , it is supercharged and has 300 hp with a top speed is 260 mph :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Scout 60 test drive

I test drove a Scout 60 and even though I liked it, it just wasn't for me. It could be due to the fact it was my first ride on a cruiser style bike, but when I got off the Street I bought it same day. The 60 is a gorgeous motorcycle and maybe I'll circle back to it but for the forseeable future, I'll stick with HD.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I looked at a Scout 60. Then looked at the full size model. They are Light. Compared to my 750. I felt like I was going to flip it over getting off the "Jiffy" stand. Never actually rode one. A little out of my financial range at the moment. One thing concerns me is, The Engine is the Frame.

I would like to try a Sportster 1200.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Test drove the Scout 60 before I bought my street. I would have bought it in a second if the dealer wasn't holding firm on MSRP. It was a really, really nice bike.

When it came down to it, the Scout was going to end up being twice what I paid for my Street and for a first bike I couldn't justify the extra cash.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I paid MSRP for my Street, plus some add-ons, so for me, it's only like $1k more.
The accessories for the scout were quite a bit more than for the Street. After adding what I wanted on the bike, it would have cost me over $14,000 to get it out the door. I got the Street for around $6,000 and probably another $1,000 in accessories.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Last Monday I drag raced a scout and won.
The guy on the Indian was so far behind me that it seemed like a joke.

·
Banned
84 Posts
You guys know that polaris also made victory motorcycles? And they are bankrupt now.
So why would anyone buy an indian (even if they were cheap)? Harley is a proven winner and builds the best motorcycles in the world.

·
Banned
84 Posts
I test drove a Scout 60 and even though I liked it, it just wasn't for me. It could be due to the fact it was my first ride on a cruiser style bike, but when I got off the Street I bought it same day. The 60 is a gorgeous motorcycle and maybe I'll circle back to it but for the forseeable future, I'll stick with HD.
Last year I challenged an Indian Scout to a street race.
It was absolutely no contest. The scout was so far behind me that it wasn't even funny.
He refused a rematch, stating that there were cops around.

That CHICKEN.........!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts