Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I’m new here, I’ve recently installed a 2018 Harley 883 mated to a C4 transmission into my sons custom rockcrawler. Everything works tremendously like it should, however using the factory harness when he gets to crazy angles it’ll be running fine then all of a sudden cut off. I’ve heard people mention a tilt sensor is what’s causing it to die. Is there a fix for this or a way to bypass it?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
It looks like you have a fascinating project there. Unfortunately you might not get much of a response to your question. This forum mostly caters to the H-D Street family of bikes that use the smaller, water cooled Revolution X motors rather than the 883cc Evolution motor from the Sportster.

Now I have a 2007 Sportster and can confirm that by that time the bikes were equipped with tip switches. Don't ask me how I know. When it's tripped you need to cycle the ignition switch and then it will restart.

A quick online search tells me the tilt sensor is normally bolted to the back of the oil tank and will signal a tilt at about a 55 degree angle, but nothing definitive on how to remove it nor whether the switch is normally open or normally closed. Also no comment as to whether simply removing the sensor might cause the ECM to prevent an engine start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts