Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,
I got this bike brand new had less then 40miles the guy didnt want it anymore . This would be my 1st bike . I've road just not owned. I'm about to take it in for its 1000 mile . Makes me mad people call it a girls bike .
I'm 5'9 270 eit moves me fine
I live in Fargo nd.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the group. Yeah they all wish they had one. On the other hand, I had someone who owns a fatter hog tell me that my Street 750 was not a Harley. The guy probably can't read the label on the tank. But whatever, I like my bike - it fits me just right. I am 5'5 and 155#

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum MrLighT! You will find a lot of good information here.

If it's any consolation, I purchased a Sportster 1200C and it's still considered a girl's bike by some. Just last weekend I was told I couldn't possibly use that bike for the same 400 mile ride that I've done on the Street 750 half a dozen times already.

I'm slightly taller and a bit heavier than you. My xg750 does the speed limit and a bit more just fine.

There would seem to be a bit of a displacement arms race going on with cruiser bikes. When I was a kid the CB350 or some smaller bikes were considered just fine for around town and any UJM displacing 500 cc or more was considered just the ticket for intercity travel. Now nobody thinks they can get across town on anything less than 1300 cc and heaven forbid they try to ride all afternoon on something less than 1700 cc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've been told it's not a Harley myself . Some the older guys have took it for a spin said they get in trouble on it . Its a change they ain't ready for. And I will only be paying 3500.00 us for my brand new 2017 with a 5 year warranty ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's quite the deal. I paid much more than that for my new 2016 in early 2017.

The local dealer in Ames, IA is selling some xg500's for $3,500, but then tacking on $1,900 of additional fees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts