Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm currently working with One Off Customs and designs to create a 4 piston front caliper upgrade at an affordable price.

So far we have 1 prototype cut out and will be testing on my Street 750. It will be a direct bolt on to the 500 and 750.

here's the prototype picture

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have an eta on when this will be available, and an estimated price?
we are hoping to keep the price around $120 USD using water jet cut set up. Every bracket will then be powder coated black after manufacturing and will include all the hardware to bolt it onto your bike.

there will also be a Rebuilt caliper price if you wanted us to source your caliper and rebuild it for you.

As for an ETA we hope to have them on the market around late June.
We are also testing different master cylinders to help increase the brake feel as well.

PS we are also working on a rear 4 piston caliper set up and possible dual exhaust kits.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Which model year? 15 and 16 have different brake set-ups.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should bolt onto any year of the street as they didnt change the forks or rotors on the streets.

Only the caliper and brake pad combo. I will do more research on the 16s as my bike is a 2015 and that is the main reason for the upgrade.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we are also currently working on a 4 piston rear caliper set up as well.

just a quick update on test fitting the brakes. We will be shooting for mid June for the release date

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to confirm - the 4pot caliper is using the same front rotor?
Correct, they will be a direct bolt on using the stock rotor and master cylinder.

How ever we may also offer the option to use a one of our master cylinders and clutch perches, which come with adjustable levers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice!

That plus braided lines would be a huge upgrade. And 120 is super reasonable, if you can keep it there. Color me interested, too.

How does it do under hard braking? is there any warp/flexion at the bracket you've added?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice!

That plus braided lines would be a huge upgrade. And 120 is super reasonable, if you can keep it there. Color me interested, too.

How does it do under hard braking? is there any warp/flexion at the bracket you've added?
our goal is to keep it reasonably priced for the two piece brackets.

how ever we will also be making a few 1 piece brackets for a bit more money.

as for hard braking I can tell you we use similar pieces on our GS500 track bike and our Hyosung GT650R. Never an issue with warping or flexing and those bikes hit much faster speeds than the street and are required to brake very hard.

Also we are gauging interest in a 6 piston caliper set up for the front and possibly rear. For people who load the bike up and need more braking power. (two up touring, aggressive riding, of just want to show off)

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Observation: With more caliper pistons and larger diameter pistons as well comes the need for more brake fluid volume to operate. Hence the need for larger reservoir and mast. cyl. piston/plunger. Curious as to whether the stock o.e.m. master cylinder would be able to provide such with proposed set-up.

Reactions: CorkyF

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Observation: With more caliper pistons and larger diameter pistons as well comes the need for more brake fluid volume to operate. Hence the need for larger reservoir and mast. cyl. piston/plunger. Curious as to whether the stock o.e.m. master cylinder would be able to provide such with proposed set-up.
the stock master cylinde has no issues using the 4 pot caliper.

however i'm not sure about the 6 piston set up. Again we will be testing both set ups.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts