Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I decided to pick up a 750 crate engine and put in my 500 (and maybe a 900 big bore) what would I need to replace with the engine? The CPU maybe.

I love my 500 but it is just under powered for me. Thinking I can get this bike where I want it for $2k as opposed to $10k for a bigger bike.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The T-Body is Larger on the 750. Possibly the Intake as well.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
He wants the 750 Engine in a 500 Frame. Cheaper Insurance

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really an insurance thing..difference should be minimal. As I understand it, the 500 and the 750 are the same bike..mostly..same frame..etc..even the same weight..only the displacement is different.

If I trade in my 2016 500 I'll be lucky to get $2,000 for it. So with another $5,000 I am in a new 750. I can get a 750 crate engine for $1300, and probably another $500 in labor to install, so it seems more economical to go that route.

If i go the trade in route, I am probably going softail, road king, or maybe dyna. I was thinking about a night rod, but with the line being cancelled..not sure I want to go down that path.

I think first i will stage 1 it and see what that buys me. My main gripe is acceleration uphill and a few more BHP might make me happier.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Rider Insurance rates are based partly on CC's, Type of bike, And some other variables.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts