Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just heard that the first batches of Street 500's moved to dealers are mostly being ear marked for riders programs. Looks like for sale bikes won't arrive until some point in June...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are you talking about 500s for the US market? I think you are right that they are being sent to rider programs first. I remember reading about how they would be used that way. That might mean that they will at least be around for a test ride.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Our local dealer is supposed to have a demo 500 for customers to ride next month, not a Riders Edge bike with it's reduced power and crash guards, but a regular production 500. They have one on the showroom now.
All 500s are the same, just the flash in the ECM that limits the RPM in the first three gears on Riders Edge. If you can get the dealer to let you ride one before they flash it, it will be the real deal for the 500.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I know it is an ecm flash that changes power delivery for Riders Edge bikes, but our dealer will have a regular production 500 available as a demo next month.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I know it is an ecm flash that changes power delivery for Riders Edge bikes, but our dealer will have a regular production 500 available as a demo next month.
OK, I was just pointing out that they are all regular production bikes. The changes to make it a riders edge bike our all put on at the dealer. So if they have bikes for Riders Edge that they have not flashed and put the crash guards on you could ride one earlier, if you can talk them into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts