Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this 6000 lumen LED bulb. They offer it with a "LED Decoder" that removes the instrument warning. I have emailed their support to see if they have the decoder in stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found this 6000 lumen LED bulb. They offer it with a "LED Decoder" that removes the instrument warning. I have emailed their support to see if they have the decoder in stock.
[SNIP]
The "decoder" may not be required as there is a fan drawing current, and that fan will simulate the standard halogen globes filament in the circuit. The decoder is usually for the other LED globes with passive cooling "fins".
Here are the different types of LED globes available: LED Headlamp Globes

Also, the claim on that page might not be accurate. The H7 I bought are rated as pure white 6500 Kelvins (the colour of the light more yellow or blue) with 4000 to 4600 Lumens (light output brightness). When paired together in a car with two headlamps, the output is considered 6500 Kelvins of daylight white (which is more blue light).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Personally I have had great results mounting this lamp inside the stock headlight. The light is very bright with a noticeable improvement in visibility. Power consumption halved. There is no need for adapters and there are no canbu errors.
PS i dont work for this company ... this is only my opinion :)

Automotive lighting Electronic instrument Font Audio equipment Gadget

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know.. but it's works looks here:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't replace only bulb. This is option for the headlights add shape. Better to replace headlight assembly. Assembly designed to use all available space inside for several LED drivers. In the LED bulbs all drivers inside little space of bulb shape. In LED assembly is no fan- all heat dissipates throw assembly body. Problem is -there a thousand of LED head lights. Hard to chose one.
I install this one
Cheep enough to try. So fare so good.
I'll post pictures next week.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy cow! I ordered one. I'll compare it to my bulb only. Thanks, for finding that one, Dron!
Yes, there are many bulbs out there. I don't believe that is an impediment. SuperbrightLEDs sells H4 replacement LEDS that are effective and reliable. I have set up more than a few bikes with them.
I'm not depending on the 5 3/4" reflector for much. As a night touring bike, it's obvious HD didn't make a serious design. I have owned some BMW R air heads with the real deal 7" bowl and lenses. Those are like turning on a bright light in a room at night, at a place the size of the harbor of Los Angeles.
When time allows, I'll be adding a pair of fork mounted LED road lights from superbright. These things make the lone headlight merely a supplement.
The first bike I had with fork mounted auxiliary lights came with the bike. It was a Yamaha FJR1300. Those sport tourers can punch a hole in time and space at a rate of 150 mph plus. You absolutely need a lot of lighting in front of you. I never went past 90 mph though, but it was nice to flip the switch on when I wanted to.
A bright headlight is a plus. When you add the fork mounted aux lights you can really light up the road. About the deal for a whole unit replacement, I'm interested enough to have just ordered one. We will see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts