Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to this page and was just wondering if anyone has had this issue before.
I recently installed led turn signals and now my passing lamps slightly flashing when the right blinker is on. The front leds are switch-back and the back are Strip leds. Not sure what happened. The back where working fine and I did use load resisters for the back it worked fine. When I did the front, this started happening. Now I’m thinking of just using led relay flashers, as it’s a cleaner look. Any help would be grate.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
325 Posts
The wires on LED lights can easily be hooked up backwards and still work with the same issue you are having. Might check on the last ones you did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wires on LED lights can easily be hooked up backwards and still work with the same issue you are having. Might check on the last ones you did.
the LEDs stay on in the front and the passing lamps slightly flash. Not like an on/off thing just like a slight draw I’m guessing. I’m not sure if it was like this before I put the switch-back LEDs in or not. I know my left turn was slightly less brighter then the right with the other LEDs. This is why I got the switch-back LEDs. They are brighter as I wanted, it’s just this issue now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make sure your flasher relay is good for LED lights, most before the year 2000 aren't compatible with LED turn signals. My 2005 Ninja 500 I had to get a new flasher relay because I added LED bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure your flasher relay is good for LED lights, most before the year 2000 aren't compatible with LED turn signals. My 2005 Ninja 500 I had to get a new flasher relay because I added LED bulbs.
My 95 doesn’t have a flasher relay. It’s only the gray breakers. I was thinking of adding a led flasher relay instead of load resistor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts