Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks like they did some pretty radical mods to the Street 750, in order to turn it into a flat tracker.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
thats awesome, but as living on said, the above looks better, at least they still look like streets. I think it's important to keep them looking as close as they were in their most basic form

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The flattrackers were built that way using special construction chassis for the sole purpose of handling properly while racing straight on, and sliding sideways on dirt.
H-D is certainly doing this to attract young people (the market they are after) to the excitement of flattrack racing (which they have a lengthy history of participation) along with and more importantly seeing and hearing the potential of their new powertrain the XG750.

·
Registered
548 Posts
****, Harley sell me one of those! I'm loving the rear section and straight up fork. Toss a set of clubmans on and go hunting the bendy bits!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
seriously they would do well for themselves to sell those to the public. The type of bike that buell no longer sells ;) Every other brand capitalizes on their racing pedigree yet Harley seems shy about it...

C'mon think about those a street fighter, imagine HD Street 500 Roadster vs Yamaha fz09 ;) you want to talk about pulling in a new audience that's your avenue right there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts