Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what does the accessory fuse protect ? I can't find anything in the manual. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
To be honest, I haven't traced it but I can. Now having said that, I have used it with a tap a fuse for my extra lighting. In the area I reside, I've found that unless the bike lights up like a skyscraper at night anyone driving seems to miss you on a bike. I'll take a look here this evening and let you know for sure, and confirm it with a multimeter once I find where it goes. I do suspect however it is the extra lighting, such as the mini bulb in the stock headlight but I'll have to check to be sure.

-- update:

So, went out there and found what it goes to, at least on the 750. I'm sure for those with a 500 who see this it will likely be the same. It goes to the speedometer. Meaning, all lights and display etc turns off. At least on mine. So guess I need to see what is up with the instrument fuse next. Maybe it was put together wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I haven't traced it but I can. Now having said that, I have used it with a tap a fuse for my extra lighting. In the area I reside, I've found that unless the bike lights up like a skyscraper at night anyone driving seems to miss you on a bike. I'll take a look here this evening and let you know for sure, and confirm it with a multimeter once I find where it goes. I do suspect however it is the extra lighting, such as the mini bulb in the stock headlight but I'll have to check to be sure.

-- update:

So, went out there and found what it goes to, at least on the 750. I'm sure for those with a 500 who see this it will likely be the same. It goes to the speedometer. Meaning, all lights and display etc turns off. At least on mine. So guess I need to see what is up with the instrument fuse next. Maybe it was put together wrong.
That's sort of what I thought too. But I wanted to see what other experiences were. As you did, I tapped off that one to run some auxiliary lights to hopefully ward off the jerks on the road around here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh it definitely works, swapped the wrong signals with some I got off of amazon that run bright white when not in turn signal mode. Lights up like a Christmas tree, and the L.E.O. here in the area don't have a problem with it, even pulled up to a L.E.O. on a bike here at a stop light and asked and he said "I'd prefer you to have all the lighting you can with the exception of flashing blue and red. It keeps you alive and I don't have a problem with it."

So I'm quite happy with the results. Besides, they look much better than the stock lights sticking out like that. I love FL and all, but the traffic on the interstate can get very foolish -_-.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh it definitely works, swapped the wrong signals with some I got off of amazon that run bright white when not in turn signal mode. Lights up like a Christmas tree, and the L.E.O. here in the area don't have a problem with it, even pulled up to a L.E.O. on a bike here at a stop light and asked and he said "I'd prefer you to have all the lighting you can with the exception of flashing blue and red. It keeps you alive and I don't have a problem with it."

So I'm quite happy with the results. Besides, they look much better than the stock lights sticking out like that. I love FL and all, but the traffic on the interstate can get very foolish -_-.
Yep-- I'm in Fl too. Traffic used to be reasonably OK but anymore,its crazy. Too many new houses and new people that haven't a clue focused on their cell phones texting... add to that the snowbirds and you really gotta be looking out for the other guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts