Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchase a 2015 750 Street with only 323 miles on it. Have a granddaughter that is about to start riding so figured it would work for her.
Bit scary riding it home. It has been a long sense I rode a bike like that. Weights about half what the other two do.
Came over to learn what I can about the 750 street.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congratulations on your choice as an addition to your bike room. I would agree that the Street is an ideal bike to start riding on and hope your granddaughter enjoys miles of smiles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't hold back on recommendation. I have a lot of ideas for this Street running around my head. Solo seat is one of them. This is how it sits now stock Pipe is going back in today.

DSCN6255 by bob smith, on Flickr

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are no shortages of ideas here.

If the mirrors haven't been upgraded you might want to look into that. H-D has some long stem mirrors that help move the mirrors out over the bar ends a bit.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! There are no shortages of ideas here.

If the mirrors haven't been upgraded you might want to look into that. H-D has some long stem mirrors that help move the mirrors out over the bar ends a bit.
Yes , noticed that right away O may use some angled extension on it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Some mirror options...

I bought the H-D long stem mirrors which move each mirror out about 2" without any increased in height. That really helped.

After that I added the Drag Specialties 2" extensions (Part Number 0641-0175), which weren't a lot of help with the stock mirrors, but with the long stem mirrors provide a decent view. They aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing, though. I've seen them on other bikes, but nobody else here seems to talk about having them.

User Gajiin has a good post about the Krator extensions, Solved! Mirrors perfected. In that thread he provides part numbers, links to buy them, and installation instructions. The Krator extensions also move the mirrors outwards a bit, but can be installed either so as to elevate the mirror or keep it at the same height. I believe Gajiin uses these with the long stem mirrors. The Krator extensions seem to be the most popular options.

H-D offers some bar end mirrors as come on the Street Rod. These seem to be about the single most expensive solution and also most likely to be damaged by a new rider that is more likely to drop the bike or go down.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree about using the KRATOR Extensions they work great with the stock mirrors and the price was around $15 on Amazon.

Reactions: smitty901

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About the only thing the Street has in common with my other two Harley's is the name. One is an M8 the other and EVO. I see this Street 750 as one I am going to enjoy messing with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
About the only thing the Street has in common with my other two Harley's is the name. One is an M8 the other and EVO. I see this Street 750 as one I am going to enjoy messing with.
Welcome to the forum . I agree on not being the other HD's . I love my Street !! when I am riding it makes me feel 30 years younger ! The bike reminds me of riding & old Triumph Bonneville or TR 6 .
The Krator mirror extenders work nicely with the stock mirrors . For the exhaust The HD SE night stick with a six pack of extra def-users from Super Trap gives it the right sound !! **** you might as well change the air box to SE & get a SE pro tuner also then after you change that windshield you are done .

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum . I agree on not being the other HD's . I love my Street !! when I am riding it makes me feel 30 years younger ! The bike reminds me of riding & old Triumph Bonneville or TR 6 .
The Krator mirror extenders work nicely with the stock mirrors . For the exhaust The HD SE night stick with a six pack of extra def-users from Super Trap gives it the right sound !! **** you might as well change the air box to SE & get a SE pro tuner also then after you change that windshield you are done .
I have had Night sticks on two of my RGU liked them. If I do mess with the tune I will go another route. Power vision Bike is quick enough for what it is

·
Registered
34 Posts
why would you put the stock pipe back on?

just wondering....

welcome to the forum.

yes, there is not even any cheap "HD Parts Bin" stuff on this bike, it is totally alien, the knob-ology and switch gear is more like a yamaha the wife had a while back.

LMK what you do about mirrors

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why would you put the stock pipe back on?

just wondering....

welcome to the forum.

yes, there is not even any cheap "HD Parts Bin" stuff on this bike, it is totally alien, the knob-ology and switch gear is more like a yamaha the wife had a while back.

LMK what you do about mirrors
The Bassani sounds like **** really just loud. Putting stock one back on will give us time to figure out what to do with it. The night stick will likely be the one that ends up on it.
Yes looking it over reminds me of years gone by and metrics I have seen. seen a few that have been customized a bit. There seems to be a lot of room to make it something that is both cool and function. Not afraid to take chance. I have a huge bad idea box built up over the years.
Everyone said I was nuts when I put a sidecare on our 1996 FB. Now they want a ride in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on the 750, I love mine. I do want to point out the the braking system on the 2015 streets is fairly poor. So if you are giving it to a first time rider you may want to tell them to make sure they allow for extra space around other vehicles. Since everyone is texting and driving now days, it's always best to play it safe.

Harley did tell me you can switch the 2015 brake system to the 2016 system which is much better, but it has a $1000 price tag...

On my street I've upgraded the exhaust to the Vance and Hind comp series as well as the air filter. The two of them give the bike a nice power boost and a great sound.

Hope all goes well for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts