Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added value tooth headset to their helmet? I have a fuller aft that I really like and want to add blue tooth to it. Those earbuds imho would get lost or left. Id like just to use it for in helmet phone calls, but maybe also some tunes.
thagorilla

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have a Sena SMH5 attached to my 3/4 Flip Face helmet. It works ok. If you get a Motorcycle GPS, You can pair it to the helmet BT. And have the directions come through the speakers.

I have a Full face Modular helmet. I May buy one for it as well. The reason I haven't, Is I wear it during the winter months. And due to last Winter, Wasn't able to ride much.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ia there drilling involved or better describe what the process is. I have an i phone 5 so I could hear the directions from the navigator that it has.
thagorilla

·
Registered
335 Posts
SMH5 here. Works fine. Phone calls are crystal clear. Music, meh, it's not great fidelity, but it's decent, like an AM radio. I use it and it's fine.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Whatever you decide to get, Get the Latest BT version. Most of the new phones are running BT 4.0+. I had problems with the factory radio in my 2013 Elantra. My Sony M2 was too new and had compatibility issues. Interestingly, My 15 Tucson never had an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts