Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to this forum and relatively new to riding. This has been asked before but I’ve only seen posts about older bikes. I have a 2019 street rod and today discovered that the clutch lever is causing me issues (was stuck in a long traffic jam for ages with loads of slow riding). Can’t seem to find adjustable clutch levers online and wondered if anyone has managed to find and fit some?

Thanks in advance 😊🏍

·
Registered
101 Posts
if this can help:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Okay - Try putting a spacer over the cable between the clutch lever and the lever perch. We used to do this by cutting a washer with side cutters, sliding it over the cable, and then closing the gap with pliers. This keeps the lever closer to the bar and worked great for kids on the old XR100 bikes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think anybody offers adjustable levers yet. First determine if the clutch lever has the correct free play set right. If the cable is set too tight then it makes the initial reach longer for your fingers. Mine was adjusted incorrectly from the dealer setup but I followed the factory service manual procedure and it's spot on right now. A quick visual check on yours will tell you if it's too tight or not. You won't even have to touch a wrench and you can tell if it's close or not. Basically the ball end of the lever should have about 3/4 inch travel back & forth from fully released to the point the cable just starts to grab. That's not the procedure in the manual but it amounts to the same results after I did the exact method set out in the book. If you're uncomfortable working on the bike your only alternative is to take it to your bike mechanic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts