Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am not very impressed with the stock sound the bike makes, I am adviced to change the exhaust and air filter of Screaming Eagle. Any other recommendations? I am looking for a decent loud sound, Not too much either! Would only exhaust suffice my need?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Firebrand Cannon (the Cannon is the SAME exhaust as the other model but looks different aesthetically and is much less $$) and a Vance & Hynes Naked Hi-Flow Air intake.

Cheapest of the "combo" options and provides the BEST BANG for your buck (in MY humble opinion of course).

Add in the FP3 if you do both however and THEN you are all set. This is the setup I run and love it.

Check my garage for pics.

Best,

USVet

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know I'm the odd man out here but I like to keep my bike as much Harley as I can so I'd stay with the Screaming Eagle parts, not only that they are quality parts and that they are made for your bike. More importantly it would be less app to void your warrantee.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Try Youtube….."Street 750 Exhaust"……there are vids of bikes with modified exhaust….you can get an idea of what you're looking for….sounds like something like a SuperTrapp is more of what you're after…..or the Harley Screaming Eagle…...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vance and Hines Slip on with naked air filter and a FP3 is what I installed. I love the sound and the look. I also talked to my local dealer and their service manger said the slip on exhaust and air filter would not void the warranty, as for the fp3 he hinted towards not keeping it plugged in when I service it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i done same but no pipe.. just took baffles out I'm 96kg bike hits 140 peace of piss sounds loud an good.. amazed at the vo2 the power is smoother and more peep i had se filter before that and was noticed the diff when i put v02 on. have not used auto tune with this set up yet but I'm betting it will only get better. some stage will get pipe but not in a rush.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
140 Kph is about 86 Mph. My 2010 Yamaha Majesty (400cc scooter) hit 107 Mph with only an Exhaust system and FI controller. After I redid the Transmission, Took off faster. But topped out at 95 Mph.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As I am not very impressed with the stock sound the bike makes, I am adviced to change the exhaust and air filter of Screaming Eagle. Any other recommendations? I am looking for a decent loud sound, Not too much either! Would only exhaust suffice my need?
I went with Two Brothers Racing exhaust and it was night and day after having that installed. I absolutely love it. I did however have a problem with my paint coat having some sort of issue with spots appearing but I contacted them and they sent me out a new pipe to replace mine as it was a fluke. For a company to stand behind their product like that and to give off the sound that they do I have to recommend them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went with Two Brothers Racing exhaust and it was night and day after having that installed. I absolutely love it. I did however have a problem with my paint coat having some sort of issue with spots appearing but I contacted them and they sent me out a new pipe to replace mine as it was a fluke. For a company to stand behind their product like that and to give off the sound that they do I have to recommend them.

Also using a Two Brothers SLip on for my Street 750.
Two brothers does the best sound for exhaust. I've had full systems from them too. TB is very deep and gnarly. Easy install for me and sound is wayyy better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've swapped out my pipe for a Chappell customs slip on. Still on the lower end of the price spectrum (under $300) and sounds super deep and throaty. Night and day difference. I'll try and upload a video of the sound soon. can be found at tuffside.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
i like the grand prix slip on i got from firebrand chrome was a special order but was worth the wait --sounds more like a bigger twin even compared to co workers 1600 honda

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a Firebrand Loose Cannon. I loved the sound at first but found that I couldn't hear my bluetooth speakers inside my helmet. There wasn't an underpass when travelling to the Harley Davidson Museum on Thursday night bike where I didn't rev the bike just to hear that exhaust. Had to added the DQ baffle. Thought the baffle would change the tone. Not the case, I have over 10K miles on and happy with it. I use a K & N filter in the stock air intake with no FP3. If you decide to try out a Firebrand Loose Cannon, I recommend getting the baffle as well. You can install the baffle without having to remove the slip one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there, Im a virgin with computer tuned sleds...…...what is a FP3...….what does it do?...…….where does it go? and can I install myself?...……..after install do you need to do anything else, is it an automatic electronic tuning device or do you have to make adjustments...….Im a carb dude.....simply done.

·
Registered
269 Posts
APEXCYCLEZ - Well the FP3 ain't rocket science. I ain't that good at techno stuff and I too am used to getting more power from bikes by changing the needle in a carb or turning a screw!

FP3 = You plug it in your bike and set it up to link to a mobile phone via an app (takes 5 mins) , then .........................

you can get loads of info regarding the running of your engine, rpm, torque, mpg, etc. etc.

you can also set it to monitor (train) your bikes performance then use that info to set up a new 'map' for your ECU - in short it is supposed to make your bike run as good as it could be with regard to the exhaust and air filter set up that you have.

You don't need to be a geek to operate it and if you do get stuck you can chat with technicians that know what they are talking about either by chat on your pc or by phone.

The FP3 could also save you a few £ as well as it is able to read and clear error codes that you would likely only be able to get resolved by handing over vast amounts of money to an HD technician.

I was dubious about buying one but I bit the bullet and don't regret it!

https://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/media/.../FP3_user_manual_2019_REVB.pdf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there, Im a virgin with computer tuned sleds...…...what is a FP3...….what does it do?...…….where does it go? and can I install myself?...……..after install do you need to do anything else, is it an automatic electronic tuning device or do you have to make adjustments...….Im a carb dude.....simply done.
The FP3 is a tuning device from Vance and Hines. It plugs into a harness located below the seat underneath the plastic panel that comes off (picture where red circle is). It is easy to install as you just plug in to your bike via the harness, pull up the FP3 App on your phone, and bluetooth connect to the device. It will mate to the bikes ECU via its VIN number and then that FP3 can only be used to tune that bike specifically. The app is user friendly, it tells you want to do when tuning the motorcycle and guides you through the steps. You can adjust fuel tables, ignition tables, idle rpm, rev limit, etc. It comes with an auto tune feature which works okay, but also comes with Vance and Hines canned (premade) tunes/maps for the bike depending on modifications (Intake, slip-on, or stock parts). After tuning the bike you can choose to leave it on the bike or take it off, the tune will persist. You can also use it to show gauges on the bike such as RPM, temps, pressures, etc via the app.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great info Volt,...…..do you need to have a V and H exhaust or will any performance exhaust suffice? Thanks.....Yeah man, just want it to breath in and out with out cooking my pistons by running too lean!

·
Registered
335 Posts
The FP3 is the simplest tuning device to use. The only real downside to it at all is that it voids your warranty the moment you flash your bike's ECU. So if your bike is out of warranty, go right ahead; if your bike is still under warranty, you may want to think twice about using the FP3 or any aftermarket tuner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great info Volt,...…..do you need to have a V and H exhaust or will any performance exhaust suffice? Thanks.....Yeah man, just want it to breath in and out with out cooking my pistons by running too lean!
Any slip-on would be just fine, if you modified the entire exhaust (headers) then you would need to run the auto-tune for sure. Stock intake is okay but I've had both the K&N intake (the one with the tube and cone filter facing forward) and the Vance and Hines intake. Vance and Hines is much better in my experience as the canned tunes/maps work really well with it. When you select the canned map/tune on the app it will let you choose if you have either the stock exhaust or Vance and Hines slip on but if you have any slip-on its okay to select the Vance and Hines slip-on. As for intake section it only has the stock intake or Vance and Hines intake as options, any other brand I'd recommend running the auto-tune feature to help it learn the fueling. They do have a canned map/tune for just a stock bike as well.

The auto-tune feature has been kinda weird for me. I've been sticking to the canned maps as they match my mods (primarily just the intake). The auto-tune feature has worked for others on here really well from what I've read.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts